Medicare Supplement Sales

pats

I'm new to the insurance industry and interested in selling Medicare Supplement/Advantage products. Is it a good idea to start with Humana or United Healthcare to learn the business? Has anyone worked in sales for these companies?

Very few people stay a "career agent" for long.

Either they flame out and leave, or they sprout their wings and go independent.

I'm new to the insurance industry and interested in selling Medicare Supplement/Advantage products. Is it a good idea to start with Humana or United Healthcare to learn the business? Has anyone worked in sales for these companies?

Where are you located? That's going to determine which one to pick.

And yes, these are both great places to learn the products.

If you want to to be a complete medicare health plan agent offering c,d and med supps then 100% for sure hire on with humana get trained , get a base, get leads and then after 3 years move on and take your book of business with you.Remember you cant cold call for MA or PDP and most people you cold call for med supps usually want to know about these but you wont be allowed to discuss it with them.

If you want to to be a complete medicare health plan agent offering c,d and med supps then 100% for sure hire on with humana get trained , get a base, get leads and then after 3 years move on and take your book of business with you.Remember you cant cold call for MA or PDP and most people you cold call for med supps usually want to know about these but you wont be allowed to discuss it with them.

Humana will do all that for you, and let you take the book? That's amazing, new agents would absolutely be wise to do this.

Humana will do all that for you, and let you take the book? That's amazing, new agents would absolutely be wise to do this.

Sound s you you doubt me? I know first hand when i had to establish in a new city I worked at Humana for 3 years and it completely launched me to be able to go independent.most of the agents i run in to who work or did work as a captive for Humana have a much better understanding of the the MA products and CMS compliance than the average agent.

You might get a letter from Humana saying you shouldn't do this but in a work to right state such as Fl. it is not en-forcible also ancient Chinese secret- if you worked as a captive for Humana and go FMO you still get residuals...

Back