Medicare Supplement Solicitation Rules in Colorado?

I have a chance to move out to Fort Collins, was wondering if CO is as strict as Ohio for solicitation of Medicare Beneficiaries i.e. no cold calling, no door knocking.

Any feedback would be great!

I don't know enough to help on the insurance side...
If all things are equal, think about the weather.
In Texas, you won't have to worry about those nasty winters.

What does Texas have to do with any of this? He lives in Ohio and is considering moving to Colorado.

Well there are no nasty winters in Colorado so not sure what that means. It snows in Denver maybe 5 times a winter. And a couple may just be a dusting. And the rest of the winter is in the 50s and 60s with short periods of 30s. I think people all assume Colorado is awful weather for some reason but it is amazing. Snow followed by 50s a couple days later to melt the snow.

As for the real question. I am not a huge cold caller but I do make calls each week. As far as I know you are still able to contact people regarding products like life and med supp. And there are plenty of different areas to work.

It would be quite the change from cleveland, in a good way. Weather is great and you get quite the mix of people. It is quite the melting pot.

Well there are no nasty winters in Colorado so not sure what that means. It snows in Denver maybe 5 times a winter. And a couple may just be a dusting. And the rest of the winter is in the 50s and 60s with short periods of 30s. I think people all assume Colorado is awful weather for some reason but it is amazing. Snow followed by 50s a couple days later to melt the snow.

As for the real question. I am not a huge cold caller but I do make calls each week. As far as I know you are still able to contact people regarding products like life and med supp. And there are plenty of different areas to work.

It would be quite the change from cleveland, in a good way. Weather is great and you get quite the mix of people. It is quite the melting pot.

Move to Virginia, you can see all 4 seasons in one day.

So, is that Ohio law for real? Somebody posted it in another thread, how it's illegal to contact anybody eligible for medicare. Do they enforce it?? So I guess the client only may initiate contact?

I have a chance to move out to Fort Collins, was wondering if CO is as strict as Ohio for solicitation of Medicare Beneficiaries i.e. no cold calling, no door knocking.

Any feedback would be great!

Colorado has a state DNC list that you need to pay attention to as well as the Federal DNC. Also, many municipalities have restrictions on door knocking (some allow you to by a permit). And of course, if your selling MA or PDP, you can't do either one.

Other than that, I don't know of any restrictions. Good luck in Ft. Collins.

Back