Medicare Supplements/ Advantage - Retirement Planning

This was the answer I was looking for.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I've been in the business for a while. I am new to this forum. I am looking for two things: Consistency and opportunity to expand my clientele.

I have made a living calling on business owners. I call on "x" amount per week, develop a relationship, go back, go back more, keep asking them probing questions until they will finally sit down with me for a few minutes. Once I get them where I can ask them some disturbing questions in private, I usually can open a case. Once I open a case, I usually close it. My sincerity and conviction are my biggest attributes.

This sales process is too long. I usually sell nice sized cases, but I'm tired of the downtime in between. As I read about the senior market, I see smaller sized sales but more consistency, which is what I'm looking for. However, I don't want to just run off and leave everything I have learned.

So, I will rephrase my initial question: Is anyone here successful at pivoting from the Medicare suppliment sale to annuities, investments, long term care, I don't care - another sale? I want to make clients out of this market, not just customers.

That is my real question. Comments and suggestions - please.

Yes, you can pivot from medicare to the other products you listed. I do, and I know a few other agents who do it very well (but they are not forum members).

Lots of people use Medicare to get in the door for annuities, 401K rollovers, etc.

I love it when people post on here that they are going to use T65 mailings to do that.

Gives me more financial planners who freak out that someone is going to steal their clients, so I get them at T64 +5 months ;)

The answer is "yes, it works"

Gives me more financial planners who freak out that someone is going to steal their clients, so I get them at T64 +5 months ;)

:idea:
Business builder tip # ***. Incite market "buzz" that encourages your referral sources to redouble their efforts on your behalf.

Back