Medicare Supplements and Long Term Care Insurance - Combinable??

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
I was mulling over some comments in another thread-which led to this:

Medicare Supplements and Long Term Care Insurance
or
Long Term Care Insurance and Medicare Supplements

Do they represent a viable product combination for an insurance agent?

I was mulling over some comments in another thread-which led to this:

Medicare Supplements and Long Term Care Insurance
or
Long Term Care Insurance and Medicare Supplements

Do they represent a viable product combination for an insurance agent?

I'm just musing over the "or" part of this where you just switched the order. :D

You're a funny man, my friend.... :spinny::swoon:

I'm just musing over the "or" part of this where you just switched the order. :D

You're a funny man, my friend.... :spinny::swoon:

Quite awhile back a person that was going to be an agent-entrep1776-made a post about my posts. I don't always succeed with the results-and I also edit some of my posts quite a bit. (If the monkey was still here, I would not be able to get away with that-he was "great" at catching the unexpurgated first versions of posts.) But I try to make some effort to hold the concept of entrep's comments in mind.

This issue came up, in this forum, in this thread:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/interested-in-this-aep-buzz-that-goes-around.92089/
I did not post there because I did not want to hijack the thread by drawing the discussion away from soups or by creating yet another venue for discussion about my person.

So I chose to create a thread. I had to decide what was my most important objective and what was my most important question. When that question became one about a 2 product business model, my mind was immediately drawn to the perennial discussion that goes on here about final expense and medicare supplements.
One would ask the question:

Final Expense and Medicare Supplements
or
Medicare Supplements and Final Expense

Are they a viable product combination for an insurance agent?

Order/primary secondary product is a pretty important issue in that discussion.

When considering LTC and MedSupp, if the combination is viable, the order may also be important. Hence the wording of my question.

Why do you ask this question? Are you simply curious or lonely and need someone to "talk to?"

Rick

Because it is a short, direct, and hopefully attention getting, way to say that I think it is a product mix which might be worthwhile for an agent in the senior market to consider.

Yes, you can market Med Supp and cross-sell LTC. You could do it the other way but my belief is marketing for Med Supps would be the best way to do it.

You'll never succeed marketing LTC to the normal FE client.

Quite awhile back a person that was going to be an agent-entrep1776-made a post about my posts. I don't always succeed with the results-and I also edit some of my posts quite a bit. (If the monkey was still here, I would not be able to get away with that-he was "great" at catching the unexpurgated first versions of posts.) But I try to make some effort to hold the concept of entrep's comments in mind.

This issue came up, in this forum, in this thread:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/interested-in-this-aep-buzz-that-goes-around.92089/
I did not post there because I did not want to hijack the thread by drawing the discussion away from soups or by creating yet another venue for discussion about my person.

So I chose to create a thread. I had to decide what was my most important objective and what was my most important question. When that question became one about a 2 product business model, my mind was immediately drawn to the perennial discussion that goes on here about final expense and medicare supplements.
One would ask the question:

Final Expense and Medicare Supplements
or
Medicare Supplements and Final Expense

Are they a viable product combination for an insurance agent?

Order/primary secondary product is a pretty important issue in that discussion.

When considering LTC and MedSupp, if the combination is viable, the order may also be important. Hence the wording of my question.
Back in the day when I sold Med Supp and LTC, almost all my LTC sales were to people who first bought a med supp from me. The same applied to my FE sales during that time but my clientele were not what many consider the "traditional" FE market today. The folks at the bottom of the income ladder are not prospects for LTC and from reading the forum, it seems they are more likely to have MA than Med Sup.

Because it is a short, direct, and hopefully attention getting, way to say that I think it is a product mix which might be worthwhile for an agent in the senior market to consider.

And just why would something worthwhile for an agent in the senior market to consider matter to you?

I can't believe anyone here still gives you anything other than a "go away" to your posts.

Can't you find a different industry to pester? Or are you just looking for new internet friends because people find you too annoying in person?

Rick

And just why would something worthwhile for an agent in the senior market to consider matter to you?

I can't believe anyone here still gives you anything other than a "go away" to your posts.

Can't you find a different industry to pester? Or are you just looking for new internet friends because people find you too annoying in person?

Rick
Thank you for making my point about a thread getting hijacked when I post and confirming my wisdom in starting a new thread.

Back