Medicare Supplements: LIke A High Risk Pool?

I just did an electronic app with uhc Med supp last week. Did you know they added it?

Hey Chaz, is this for MAPD, medsupp, PDP, or all of the above? I knew they had an e-app, but I thought you had to be with the prospect in person to sign it. Has that changed?

Hey Chaz, is this for MAPD, medsupp, PDP, or all of the above? I knew they had an e-app, but I thought you had to be with the prospect in person to sign it. Has that changed?

They added doc sign or something a few months ago. It’s made to sign when they aren’t in front of you. I haven’t tried it on MAPD and I think it’s only Med supps. But I could be wrong.
You just go into lean like usual and click Med supp. At the end of the app it’ll ask if you want them to sign now or send doc sign by email.

It's for MAPD and PDP as well. I've done both - they were not f2f appts.

You give the applicant an access code and they can click the link, enter code, docusign their app, and it's done. Actually, a pretty nice system.

It's for MAPD and PDP as well. I've done both - they were not f2f appts.

You give the applicant an access code and they can click the link, enter code, docusign their app, and it's done. Actually, a pretty nice system.

Does it integrate the Scope somehow, or what's the best way to get that signed and submitted?

Back to the thread title:

According to articles that pop up in the article section from time to time, approximately half of our Medicare eligible population has a Medigap or Medicare Advantage plan. That would leave approximately half having some other kind(s) of arrangements.

I suspect that over 95% of those folks, whether they have Medigap, Medicare Advantage or something else, are guaranteed to suffer heart failure in the next 40 years. Even with increased longevity, 60-70 years ought to catch everybody. Seems to me like the risks for each of the three "pools" are probably fairly equal.

That's the 2nd time you tried to divert the thread to your liking, and away from real agents discussing great insight. Go away!

Does it integrate the Scope somehow, or what's the best way to get that signed and submitted?

Good question. Integrated? Not that I'm aware of.

Interestingly, I didn't see any thing in Jarvis for the SOA. I had them sign a SOA via Medicareful's site, and it's saved in my records, but I didn't submit it to UHC as I did not see any instructions to do so.

Anyone else know the answer?

That's the 2nd time you tried to divert the thread to your liking, and away from real agents discussing great insight. Go away!

You fail to see the value of LD's post, in which he carefully and cogently explained that people get old and die.

Clearly, this is a you problem, not an LD problem.

Without his insight, we would all continue selling without realizing the people will have heart problems as they age, regardless of which "pool" they are in.

You need to thank him, not denounce him.

What a great thread, I truly appreciate everyones perspectives and input. I have been selling mainly supplements since 2010. I have only about 10 percent of my seniors on a MAPD currently. Every year I lose about 5 policyholders to MAPD. Thats probably my fault for not calling every client at least once throughout the calendar year. Regardless, if you tell them that you offer MAPD too, still oftentimes they will go with another agent. Its like they take the rate increases on the supplement and by proxy blame you. Conversely speaking, its ironic that when their max annual OOP is raised on their MAPD plan nobody blames the agent.

That’s about the same with us. Sell both and explain both. But 90% of ours go with supplements.

When you lose the occasional one to an MAPD pitch you can still agent of record it right back to you with some companies.

Good question. Integrated? Not that I'm aware of.

Interestingly, I didn't see any thing in Jarvis for the SOA. I had them sign a SOA via Medicareful's site, and it's saved in my records, but I didn't submit it to UHC as I did not see any instructions to do so.

Anyone else know the answer?

I don’t use lean for my MAPD because my fmo, PSM, has their own system like Medicareful. I can just do a scope and app from there.
I would assume uhc wants you to email the scope the old way but I would think an electronic scope would be in the works.

Back