Medicare / Supps Info

For 2018 the commission on MA plans is 567 in CA and NJ, 511 in CT, PA and DC, and 455 elsewhere.

Source:
2018 Maximum Broker Commissions for Medicare Advantage & Medicare Part D – RitterIM

Right, my point was more on the national scale - MAPD sales aren't at $560.
For instance, in CA, while MAPD 1st yr may be $567 - you also earn more on Med Supps there...

There is not this large divide between the poor, ethical, caring Med Supp salesmen just trying to do what's best for Betsy Lou for a few leftover scraps of bread from the table for their time - while giving up a potential windfall from a MAPD sale because they are trying to do what's right - and the greedy MAPD salesmen who just want a "windfall."

Take a typical T65 here in OH.
  • If I sell them a MAPD, I'll earn $455 1st yr, then $228 renewals.
  • If I sell them a Med Supp Plan G (let's say, average T65 is $105 (100 for Female, 110 for Male x average 21% Comp [some pay higher]) - I'll earn $264.60.
    Add the $72 initial PDP and we're at $336 initial.

• So the MAPD is $455 1st, $228 Renewal
  • Med Supp is $336 initial, $300 renewal
Reverse the scenario, a 73 yr old considering a Med Supp - at a higher premium well over 105 - if you sell them a Supp are you just doing it for the high comp? Because if you just sell them a MAPD plan, you won't get more than the 228.

My point is - long term - I think I make more when I sell a Medicare Supplement & PDP, especially if they change carriers at a later age (with higher premium).

So to tell a prospect that the agents pushing mapd are greedy is certainly not short of exaggerating (or, outright lying).

Back