Medigap and MIB 20 Characters

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I rarely have a Medigap application rejected and don't recall ever having one postponed due to an MIB hit.

Today is a first.

Carrier has been dragging their feet for over 2 weeks. Finally today said the application was postponed for 30 days pending receipt of doc records. Reason given was an MIB hit.

Talked with client. Has not made a life or health application in the last 5+ years that was declined or rated.

This carrier pulls MIB and script check. Said nothing about scripts, only MIB.

I suggested that client get records from MIB but that will take weeks. If something is in error can take months to correct.

Every application I have looked at has the disclaimer that the carrier has the right to check MIB but this is the first time it has been an issue.

How often do carriers check MIB? Have you ever had an app declined due to an MIB hit?

Ladies BMI is 29. Takes BP & cholesterol med's and Metformin 1000mg BID for insulin resistance.

you can receive your MIB report in about 5 working days if you request it online:

https://www.mib.com/

In regards to requesting medical records, the only one that has done that with my clients is Bankers Fidelity. Takes weeks and weeks to process. Very fustrating. Usually when someone has diabetes, the HB pressure med cap is 2. She may have been declined in the past bc of that....

Don't think for a minute the client/prospect hasnt put in an application before....alot of times they dont remember from a few years ago.

I rarely have a Medigap application rejected and don't recall ever having one postponed due to an MIB hit.

Today is a first.

Carrier has been dragging their feet for over 2 weeks. Finally today said the application was postponed for 30 days pending receipt of doc records. Reason given was an MIB hit.

Talked with client. Has not made a life or health application in the last 5+ years that was declined or rated.

This carrier pulls MIB and script check. Said nothing about scripts, only MIB.

I suggested that client get records from MIB but that will take weeks. If something is in error can take months to correct.

Every application I have looked at has the disclaimer that the carrier has the right to check MIB but this is the first time it has been an issue.

How often do carriers check MIB? Have you ever had an app declined due to an MIB hit?

Ladies BMI is 29. Takes BP & cholesterol med's and Metformin 1000mg BID for insulin resistance.

Which carrier?....... ..... .....

No diabetes. Insulin resistant. A1c 5.0 with Metformin, 6.1 without.

Carrier is GTL.

Going to try Equitable and see what happens.

Waiting on the MIB and doc notes in the interim.

Applied and approved for HDF year ago. Applied and approved for life insurance 3 yrs ago.

No diabetes. Insulin resistant. A1c 5.0 with Metformin, 6.1 without.

Carrier is GTL.

Going to try Equitable and see what happens.

Waiting on the MIB and doc notes in the interim.

Applied and approved for HDF year ago. Applied and approved for life insurance 3 yrs ago.

With Equitable you'll know immediately if they're approved. I wish more were like that. I hate having happen, what you just had happen.

Do you have LCBA there Bob. They make a decision at the end of the POS and give you a policy #. They're real competitive here and Equitable's their TPA. They're my new favorite company...easy to work with. You have to be a Christian to get the policy.

No LCBA. She is a Christian. Had MediShare prior to Medicare. Suggested Ektable because of the instant decision.

Talked with her again today. She may have torpedoed her cause. During the interview she VOLUNTEERED her dad developed diabetes when he was 80.

Did the underwriter ask about diabetes in your family?

No, but I thought about it and felt it might be good to be honest.

Nothing wrong with honesty but never, ever, ever volunteer anything that has not been specifically asked.

No LCBA. She is a Christian. Had MediShare prior to Medicare. Suggested Ektable because of the instant decision.

Talked with her again today. She may have torpedoed her cause. During the interview she VOLUNTEERED her dad developed diabetes when he was 80.

Did the underwriter ask about diabetes in your family?

No, but I thought about it and felt it might be good to be honest.

Nothing wrong with honesty but never, ever, ever volunteer anything that has not been specifically asked.

Wow. I always tell them to only answer yes or no, unless asked a specific question and then only answer what is asked. Don't volunteer any info...but be honest.

I usually do a better job of "coaching" but apparently wasn't as thorough the first time around. I have been asking a lot of questions since the underwriting action. Today is the first time she opened up about the interview.

I hate it when people sabotage their case.

I usually do a better job of "coaching" but apparently wasn't as thorough the first time around. I have been asking a lot of questions since the underwriting action. Today is the first time she opened up about the interview.

Some of those "talkers" just can't help themselves.:laugh:

I had a term life case a few years ago where I told the lady Transamerica would be calling soon, in all likelihood, since she had a couple minor issues going on. I told her to be honest but not to talk too much.

Turned out she told the interviewer "I've thought for years I might be diabetic." They then ordered a blood profile with A1C, and when the results came in, she was no more diabetic than I am. (I'm not.) Delayed the case about a month for no reason. Then she lapsed after about eight or nine months.

This is why I like Medicare so much.

Back