Medigap, PDP cross selling and license reqts.

LostDollar

There's No Toilet Paper- on the Road Less Traveled
5000 Post Club
Kansas
The common cross selling discussion I see in forum threads is between Medigap and FE. Leading with one and moving to the other.

I assume Medigap requires a Health license and FE requires a life license.

If consideration of FE is set aside, are there any other products a Medigap and PDP agent would consider selling that require additional licensing beyond a health license?

Thanks.
LD

The common cross selling discussion I see in forum threads is between Medigap and FE. Leading with one and moving to the other.

If consideration of FE is set aside, are there any other products a Medigap and PDP agent would consider selling that require additional licensing beyond a health license?

Thanks.
LD

LTC occasionally requires something extra in order to sell. Not a separate license per se. MAPD requires AHIP (or equivalent). Not sure exactly what you are looking for with this ?

Thanks.
LD
Annuites and Long Term Care Insurance. Many states make you pass a one time certification.

Yes, you would have to be licensed for both. I think it makes sense to get both Life and Health licenses at the same time as long as you're already studying, and many agents end up adding the other when they only get licensed for one in the beginning.

If you are already selling FE, a good tie in would be either alum siding or solar. Like FE, no lic needed.

True story.

Early early on in my career I was selling med supps and doing roofing/siding (storm damage claims, mostly). I needed the cash and with a young family you do what you gotta do.

Went on an appointment for a T65 and the guy had full state retiree benefits. Nothing really for me to sell him. Walking out of his house I noted his ugly aluminum siding house and knew the area had been hit by small hail. I pivoted the conversation, told him that I also did this and to make a long story short he got approved for full siding replacement and I got about $2,000 as the sales rep when we put new siding on his house. Ended up doing 6 more houses in his neighborhood that summer....

I assume you were selling vinyl. Is aluminum siding even made any more?

Yes to both.

There were two primary gagues of aluminum - .024 and .019. Amazing how much more damage shows on .019. But we always put up Vinyl to replace the aluminum. Our installers wouldn’t even do aluminum...

You can still buy .019 aluminum (and maybe .024???) but supply/demand (and other factors) makes it way too expensive. Plus, vinyl has come a long way, is easier to repair, etc.

Back