Medigap prescription question

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
I am trying to learn a bit about med supp plans. Could someone splain a basic point for me.

If you read the government booklet, on page 31 it says "you can either keep your current Medigap policy that has prescription coverage OR you can join the Medicare Prescription Plan."

Problem is, being virginal here, I look at plans A-J and dont see prescription coverage included in any of them. What am I missing here? Does this refer to older plans or something?

Thanks.

Winter

There was one plan (I think J maybe?) that the government considered credible coverage for Part D.

The only thing that really did for them is allow them to get a Part D plan later in life without penalty.

There was one plan (I think J maybe?) that the government considered credible coverage for Part D.

The only thing that really did for them is allow them to get a Part D plan later in life without penalty.

Thanks. But that has gone by the wayside right? Was it an older Plan J. There is no current medigap plan that offers any prescription coverage is there (not talking about Part D)? At least I can't see it in any of the plan summaries.

Winter

As soon as part D came out, they pulled the rx benefit from plans H I J. You can still buy those plans but w/o the rx. You can keep the old one you bougt with rx cov. if u choose to.

Back