MedPoint Advantage

They will provide the client:

Testing monitor
Testing strips
Testing lancet device
Lancets
A holder for the monitor. At the end of the day, they plug in the holder, put the monitor in it and the holder calls an 800 numer and transmits the information.

They say you can have 100 people on a single monitor..that is what is great for nursing homes.

High tech.

This is not Part D of Medicare

For Medicare, they fall under Part B. So if you have a Medicare client they must be on Part A and B to qualify. Medicade is also covered.
$0 premium.

Berween you and BK, a fella does not have a chance when his fingers move faster than his mind...Lemon Shake up are good too....So that would be a Medi-shake-up....oh, that is what has been going on with the MA's, now I understand....thanks..:goofy::goofy:

Tommyk, Policy Doctor pointed out that almost all of the diabetic stuff is covered under Medicare. I will repeat his question. What is the advantage? Since you made the call, perhaps you can elaborate.

MedPoint Advantage is not a diabetic supply company.
The Advantage is they are able to monitor the diabetics daily results. The doctor is able to see the daily results instead of relying on a 3 month average which has been the standard for years. This gives a better understanding of what is going on with your blood sugars. The doctor is able to better treat his/her patient.
If you do not have diabetes or know someone who does it is difficult to understand that high blood sugars can cause blindness, ESRD, loss of limbs, etc. It is something that if controlled and monitored, can be a life saver.

I know, I'm a diabetic.

Has anyone receive any payment from MedPoint yet??? Are they a part of Humana? Just checking. They claim that checks are cut every two weeks.

Has anyone receive any payment from MedPoint yet??? Are they a part of Humana? Just checking. They claim that checks are cut every two weeks.

Website says they are HQ'd in Birmingham, so based on that I'm assuming they aren't part of Humana which is based in Louisville.

Back