MedPoint Advantage

Hi:
Many name-brand medications for diabetes (and countless other conditions) are available to those without insurance for either $15 or $20 per month. Check out LifelineToMeds for a list of drugs available at low-cost to those without drug insurance or Medicare Part D. If you need a generic diabetes med, most are only $4 at Target or Walmart pharmacies. If your generic isn't available on their $4 list, you will probably get the best price for it at Costco because they don't mark up generics much. You don't need a Costco membership to use their pharmacy. If you need additional advice or help, contact me at LifelineForMeds.com or LifelineForMeds@yahoo. Helping is my mission. Peace, health and happiness to all. Diana

Hello All,

Our agency here picked up an IMO deal with MedPoint as soon as they started marketing their products.

Their Product sounds great, and they have a really good concept, but there are a few things we have noticed that you should know before marketing their products.

First and Foremost..... Expect weeks and weeks before you get paid, your not going to be millionaire selling this stuff, but you also want to be compensated for your efforts.

Second.... They are not contracted with all insurance companies.... at one point they were not contracted with United Health Care... we had hundreds of clients waiting for free supplies but never received them because UHG would not pay the claim... this adversely affected our other business placed in the house... they say this product is fixed, but we still have the same problem.

Third..... THeir customer service is terrible... You ask for commissions, licensing, or anything and you get directed to the same guy, Phil MInga... probably the guy that did the conference call... he is always busy, and will probably not return your phone call, unless you are a big producer.

We have halted our sale of this product...

Great Concept though

If you are still sold on this idea, I would warn the clients that this has to be approved by your insurance company and as long as they okay this, then you will receive supplies for free.

I was totally sold on the concept of Medpoint Advantage. Sounded great- diabetes, no cost in home delivery suppplies at no cost for those on medicare and most insurance, diabetis monitoring and an additional $25 for agent to enroll. Sad to say its not working. They loose applications that are in progress, the system for getting the prescription is ineffective, they dont advertise data monitoring(only supplies and support) say they send the data docking system after 3 months, the monitor sent an older model, and no training teleconference as indicated. Most clients waiting for supplies and I am still waiting to get paid. Not a good company to represent in my opinion. Any one know of another company that provides a similar service to what Medpoint claims that has their act together? Still think it is a great idea and would like to offer the service.

Last edited:
There is another company offering the same plan as what MedPoint is offering. If you want to know more about the plan, just send me an e-mail, and I will get you the information. Our group has only received one check from MedPoint and we have been writing business with them since it first started. We have been assured that we will be receiving a BIG check this month.

It is a great concept and it will really help a lot of people if the right company is running the program.

Has anyone here actually signed a contract with this company?

I have.

I've only had a handful of sales. It's a great concept. Alot of work. You have to make sure the doc can download on to their computer. You have to make sure the Diabetic individual has the correct computer set up, you have to make sure they know how to use it, once they draw the blood sample.

I've stopped selling it, for the only reason that they don't have more instructional materials for me, or the diabetic. It's their app, their trifold, and that's it. I would even go with an instructional video.

But...

I've spoken to them on the phone, and been in on some of the Teleconference calls. They have their act together, it's just they lack the materials support needed to get the instruction across. For that, they rely on the agent, and for $25 a sale, I ain't spending a lot of time on it.

They are unorganized and require too much work for very little $.

Another option for agents is Relief Health Services. They pay $40 for a diabetic referral and cut me a check within two weeks of my submissions.

Their website is: ReliefHealthServices,com click on the insurance agents button for more info. They have over 7,000 participating agents.

Here are some differences....
  • Agents get paid within two weeks of submitting
  • the application for the client is less than a page
  • Agents get paid for the lead, regardless if the client turns into a closed sale or not.
RHS also offers up to $100 for an arthritis lead and $50 for a lead of someone who has mobility limitations. So the potential income for one client could be substantial.

They work with top suppliers in the industry and will match each client with a supplier that can best accomodate the patient's needs.

My clients have loved the service, and I enjoy the extra income. Much more pleasurable than medpoint.

Seems these services are multiplying. A local start up in Ga is also offering $40/diabetic supplies sale and another $40 for diabetic shoes. But yours covers more ailments.

Can't go wrong offering "zero premium" products. Thanks for sharing.

I signed up for contracting with MedPoint over a year ago... they never responded to my emails or returned my calls. I consider them poorly run and wrote them off.

One thing needs to be mentioned, and that is that their plan is NOT for Medicare beneficiaries. It is for diabetics for all ages, but poses an issue for those 65 and over. I don't like their marketing language, and I am sure CMS doesn't either. I have been waiting to see if CMS will shut them down.

This is quoted directly from their website:

"How do I qualify to enroll in MedPoint Advantage?
The plan is available to individuals at any age, in every state and every county who, by doctors orders, are required to check their blood glucose level and have Medicare or Medicaid. Individuals who have Medicare Advantage Plans and private insurance are also eligible to enroll."

This is the indirect way of saying you must be 65 & older and on Medicare.

What is the address of this company and who are the principals? Seems they are reticent to share that info, including a phone #, to the general public. I look askance at operations like that. I'm Too lazy to contact your sec of State so perhaps you could post it here?

Back