Medsupp Cold Calling Questions

Augustus

Expert
Hope everyone and their family has a very prosperous 2010!!
I'm starting with medsupps this year and want to try and start off right.

1. For those of you that cold call for medsupps, how many hours a day do you devote to strictly cold-calling?

2. If calling ages 67-78 for replacement, how many would you possibly average during your call time sold or an appointment set?

3. If calling t65's only, how many would you possibly average during your call time sold or an appointment set?

4. How many mix #2 and #3 questions above?

Today was my first day calling 67-78 for 3 hours with no success. I do "GIVE GOOD PHONE";)
But, it was pretty brutal with these people today. I had a pretty good track record for 2009 calling for FE and have garnished what everyone has said regarding calling medsupps, studied and learned from yall the whole month of December through all of the archives.

Do I just need to suck it up as the ol' coaches would tell me?

Hope everyone and their family has a very prosperous 2010!!
I'm starting with medsupps this year and want to try and start off right.

1. For those of you that cold call for medsupps, how many hours a day do you devote to strictly cold-calling?

2. If calling ages 67-78 for replacement, how many would you possibly average during your call time sold or an appointment set?

3. If calling t65's only, how many would you possibly average during your call time sold or an appointment set?

4. How many mix #2 and #3 questions above?

Today was my first day calling 67-78 for 3 hours with no success. I do "GIVE GOOD PHONE";)
But, it was pretty brutal with these people today. I had a pretty good track record for 2009 calling for FE and have garnished what everyone has said regarding calling medsupps, studied and learned from yall the whole month of December through all of the archives.

Do I just need to suck it up as the ol' coaches would tell me?

Do you use a dialer, or dial by hand?

Hey Dwayne! I call manually by hand. I do take my time and try not to burn through just to get numbers in. Any thoughts help.

Go TCU!!!

having dialer has nothing to do with burning through your numbers, it has more to do with talking to people and not waiting to talk to people, how many did you talk too today? with a dialer you increase talk time by 3x's , it will take you at least 24 hours on a dialer to build a pipe line of leads, hand dialing it will take you 50-60 hours to build a pipeline, Question if you sold FE why did you not go back to those people first?? save people $$$ and they will refer you all over town

having dialer has nothing to do with burning through your numbers, it has more to do with talking to people and not waiting to talk to people, how many did you talk too today? with a dialer you increase talk time by 3x's , it will take you at least 24 hours on a dialer to build a pipe line of leads, hand dialing it will take you 50-60 hours to build a pipeline, Question if you sold FE why did you not go back to those people first?? save people $$$ and they will refer you all over town

I'm by no means a stranger to mojo or callfire. Very savy when it comes to dialing that way. I just thought and still do that I may want to go slower and treat each one with a little more thought and try to develop more of a conversation. But maybe you're right, cut to the chase and run the numbers!!

The FE market (long story) that I was marketing to, has very little income much less for a medsupp. Hockeyday you have made me think a bit differently now about going back and loading the numbers into the system. Appreciate the input.

I don't agree with any of this one bit. Using an autodialer may let you call more people, but I fail to see how it puts you live one one one with any more people you can do "Pursuit of Happyness" style. To put it another way, you can only physically talk to one person at a time, no matter how many people you can dial at one time.

I also agree with Augustus that, other things being equal, the typical FE client is NOT going to be in the market for a Med Supp. The other way around, yes, but the folks who are looking primarily for a FE policy are a different demographic.

I say contact Frank Stastny, and keep at it. I know you're a pro at calling for FE, but this is a different dialogue. It may not be your first day dialing, but it's your first day dialing for Med Supps. After a week or so, you'll be able to see what your own numbers are to get to X appointments per Y dials.

I think Tom Highway summed it up,

" ...but this is a different dialogue. It may not be your first day dialing, but it's your first day dialing for Med Supps... "

I have sold several different kinds of insurance but I have found prospecting for and selling Med Supps to be totally unique unto itself.

If you have been successful at FE then there is no doubt in my mind that you give very good phone. However, there are many different kinds of phone. I give good Med Supp phone but I'm confident I wouldn't give good FE phone.

Although I have sold a lot of FE, I have never prospected for it. Every policy was cross sold to a Med Supp client.

Just because one can shoot a rifle extremely well doesn't mean that the same person will be excellent with a pistol. The technique is totally different. It takes time and lots of practice.

highway you need to use a dialer to understand, the question is how much time do you want to spend dailing vs talking?? just because you use a dialer it does not mean that you can't take your time on each and every call it means that youdon't have to spend your time waiting for some one to pick up the phone, unless your list is different than my list I get about 1 out of 10 to pick up the phone, with a dialer i don't care , and I have spent 30-60 mins. with people on the phone, its not about x and y, its about finding people that need my help and want to do something about it at some time

If I call business, I get a 90%+ pickup rate and with individuals, I get at least 50% but more like 70% if I dial in the evenings.

Back