Meet with Prospect Again?

In a case like this, it sounds like he was shocked or in disbelief that he couldn't get the coverage he wanted at the price he wanted/expected.

In that case, sometimes people feel paralyzed and don't want to make a move. Instead, they want to explore all of their options in your absence to make sure that what you told them was correct and that they truly could not do better for their money.

It is always difficult to get a confused or a skeptical client off the fence.

But you have a chance at the follow up meeting to meet him in a more receptive frame of mind, so I definitely would not miss the opportunity.

(Of course, he'll likely say that he "still hasn't checked with his family" or is "still thinking about it". That's just a chance you have to take many times being in sales.) Don't set your expectations very high so you aren't disappointed. Consider it gravy if he comes thru.

Is your last name Hinton by chance?

Why would a salesperson cancel a meeting with a prospect?

Timid, perhaps?

Show me an agent who won’t make callbacks and I’ll show you an agent who is earning less than he or she should be earning.

Wrong! Show me an agent who makes call backs and I'll show you an agent who makes less than he should (and have more frustration). Here's 20+ years experience sharing with you:
_call backs may have a 1 out of 15 chance of closing
_your first presentation with a fresh lead (not a prospect, but a lead) has about a 1 out of 4 chance of closing

Same length of time to drive to lead's/prospect's house, same length of time giving presentation, etc.. I'd rather have a 1 out 4 chance versus a 1 out of 15 chance. Do the math.

I can't hide behind a screen name. I hesitate to mention anything negative, like "opportunities" I've come across that aren't so great.

Wrong! Show me an agent who makes call backs and I'll show you an agent who makes less than he should (and have more frustration). Here's 20+ years experience sharing with you:
_your first presentation with a fresh lead (not a prospect, but a lead) has about a 1 out of 4 chance of closing

Same length of time to drive to lead's/prospect's house, same length of time giving presentation, etc.. I'd rather have a 1 out 4 chance versus a 1 out of 15 chance. Do the math.

My two biggest cases, combined worth over $12k in my pocket, were both call backs. Not my fault that in 20 years you haven't learned to close more than 1/15 call backs. If they want you back, it isn't because they are lonely or they want to waste your time.

And I've only been licensed for 3 years (as of July 6th), full time for not even half of that time.

The leads are weak? You're weak!

My two biggest cases, combined worth over $12k in my pocket, were both call backs. Not my fault that in 20 years you haven't learned to close more than 1/15 call backs. If they want you back, it isn't because they are lonely or they want to waste your time.

And I've only been licensed for 3 years (as of July 6th), full time for not even half of that time.

OK cowboy...lol. I'm talking about FE and my figures are real. I see you are talking about a different product....annuities maybe?

Why would a salesperson cancel a meeting with a prospect?

Timid, perhaps?

Show me an agent who won’t make callbacks and I’ll show you an agent who is earning less than he or she should be earning.

Do you think JD meets with prospects or attempts another try with those that didn't buy, unless they call first and convince him or send in another card? I think fexcontracting has a slogan for people doing callbacks, but I can't remember it so I won't post it.

Yeah, revenue over time rather than simply revenue over cost.

Do you think JD meets with prospects or attempts another try with those that didn't buy, unless they call first and convince him or send in another card? I think fexcontracting has a slogan for people doing callbacks, but I can't remember it so I won't post it.

Yeah, revenue over time rather than simply revenue over cost.

That's correct. Profit per hour is the most important metric. 2nd most important metric is production per hour.

Latest posts

Back