Mega FYI

Colorado Newbie

Super Genius
Kenai, AK
Before I left Cornerstone the word around the office after all the DSL's got back from their annual commissar meeting in Arizona was that they were planning on changing their Mega Life and Health name to Chesapeake Life and Health. They are currently using this name for their new line of Medicare products and their life product. Look for the complete change sometime this year.

Before I left Cornerstone the word around the office after all the DSL's got back from their annual commissar meeting in Arizona was that they were planning on changing their Mega Life and Health name to Chesapeake Life and Health. They are currently using this name for their new line of Medicare products and their life product. Look for the complete change sometime this year.

Did Mega come out with any other new products in the last year? I'm curious to see how their Medicare plans are written...

As of right now the agents are being trained by their Political Commissars to go by the name Health Markets and mention that you have several plans to show them. And then when you show up it's a policy thats from Mega which is owned by Health Markets etc.. their take on this approach until the name change is that it will make it sound more like a reputable brokerage firm...

Seeing me write this just makes me sick at my stomach.... Damn, I am glad I got out of there when I did

Did Mega come out with any other new products in the last year? I'm curious to see how their Medicare plans are written...

I got out just before their Medicare training. Truth be told that was a clincher for me. I was at a grocery store one day and saw a bus load of senior citizens get off and I thought to myself, "what if this medicare plan is just like everything else this company has done? After those questions to myself I went into the office and packed my stuff and never looked back.

I do know that they are paying agents $360 per application for the medicare. And they have even gone as far as recruiting Brokers to sell it for them.

I got out just before their Medicare training. Truth be told that was a clincher for me. I was at a grocery store one day and saw a bus load of senior citizens get off and I thought to myself, "what if this medicare plan is just like everything else this company has done? After those questions to myself I went into the office and packed my stuff and never looked back.

I do know that they are paying agents $360 per application for the medicare. And they have even gone as far as recruiting Brokers to sell it for them.

So you're saying that Mega is going after independent agents or brokers to have them market the plans? If that is the which are they targeting as those are two different animals depending upon the license type and state.

I can't speak for other regions but I do know that the Denver region has recruited outside agents to sell specifically their new medicare product. I have a feeling that things are done a bit differently in every region.

They have used the Cheseapeake name for life ins for years now, maybe they bought out Chesepeake or whatever? I got the recruiting letter for brokers for Chesepeake med supp.

So you're saying that Mega is going after independent agents or brokers to have them market the plans? If that is the which are they targeting as those are two different animals depending upon the license type and state.

Yes, they are contracting with independents to sell their MA plans. It is marketed under Chesapeake Life and isn't a very competitive product (at least not in Georgia). I had them send me the info just so I could see what I am competing with. I couldn't bring myself to contract with them. Not a name I want to be associated with.

Well is Mega wants to make the biggest mistake in their corporate history then they'll get into the senior market.

Right now they're used to paying fines as "the cost of doing business" but CMS isn't gonna put up with their cr**.

Latest posts

Back