Mega/Healthmarkets Agents Selling Golden Rule???

True - plus they're selling the Platinum series so there's more commish available at the top. But you're right, under the GR commission schedule there's no room for UGAs typical agent, district manager, division manager, regional manager, then UGA corporate.

Also, what "UGA" - now InShere is also going to find is UHC by no means will have the complaint tolerance of Mega; fine after fine after fine in state after state for misrepresentation.

Clean sheeting won't be tolerated nor will misrepresenting any of the plans. I personally feel this is going to be a short lived relationship.

True - plus they're selling the Platinum series so there's more commish available at the top. But you're right, under the GR commission schedule there's no room for UGAs typical agent, district manager, division manager, regional manager, then UGA corporate.

Also, what "UGA" - now InShere is also going to find is UHC by no means will have the complaint tolerance of Mega; fine after fine after fine in state after state for misrepresentation.

Clean sheeting won't be tolerated nor will misrepresenting any of the plans. I personally feel this is going to be a short lived relationship.

Ok put this in layman terms for me. Are you saying that Golden Rule (UH) will be finding themselves fined in state after state? I understand misrepresenting, but what is clean sheeting? :embarrassed:

Ok put this in layman terms for me. Are you saying that Golden Rule (UH) will be finding themselves fined in state after state? I understand misrepresenting, but what is clean sheeting? :embarrassed:

Clean sheeting or "washing" applications is when an agent omits information from the application - typically to make sure it gets through underwriting quickly so they can get paid.

I guess that's why everyone at the one agency I met were former Health Markets reps. These guys left Health Markets went and formed Security Health Advisors. They are selling USHealth products as a captive agency. 17% comp to the newbie and then more as you move up the hierarchy -agent dm etc. They talk about how the old company (HM) was ruined after the founder died (at 93!) and so they left and formed SHA. I guess the fact that HM was eliminating the hierarchy ruined the company for them. A bunch of the old Health Markets guys will move to SHA as their HM non-competes come up.

I think i mentioned that I am just getting into the Health insurance market in my first post. I had met with both Health Markets managers and SHA recently. HM seemed to be trying to build an agency with all the carriers not just GR. That would tell me that Health Markets may be actually trying to form a decent operation? I guess if you still have to buy 40 a month association plan it wouldn't work for me.

Any way thanks for this site, it has helped me a lot.

Jack

I had a question not sure if anyone caught it but up in Maine "Mega" and Anthem where the only ones writing individual policies...what happens to the Mega Agents up here because Golden Rule and others are not in this state do they still write with Mega?

Back