Melanoma, underwrite skin cancer?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anybody know of a life carrier, preferrably non med - that will underwrite cancerous melanoma that was only located on a mole 8 years ago, and then removed with no further complications or cancer? The life prospect has no other health conditions.

Anybody know of a life carrier, preferrably non med - that will underwrite cancerous melanoma that was only located on a mole 8 years ago, and then removed with no further complications or cancer? The life prospect has no other health conditions.

Just about all of the life companies will take this client. It has been over 5 year and he still has had no problems with it.

I always recommend calling the underwriter at the company you are contract with and just going over the case with them. But I have dealt enough times with this condition to tell you that it won't be any big deal and just about all of the companies will take you client without any issue.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

I did a similar case this summer with West Coast, std rating.

How long had it been? One of my clients was flat extra'd pretty high on a large face amount policy with them, but the melanoma was staged 1b and it had been 2.5 years. We moved the case to AIG and it cut the flat extra by 30%. I have found WCL to be fairly tough on those types of cases.

I have a case that is too recent to discuss, with them, that involved non invasive cancer from a long time ago, and they gave the client a fit for months before issuing std.

Non-Med no problem.

I've got 3 carriers that will take em.

Can even do Term underwritten - probably 25% rate up.

Tom

My client's melanoma was "in situ" didn't make the clark level of ratings and was 10 years ago. We got 2 million for him, had to get all path records and followup records but everyone was pleased. In addition, we got him and family health coverage and a rather large disability policy.

Had a client last week, had Melanoma and Basal Cell Carcinoma a few years back - and that was their rate up - 25%.

Was through Standard Life.

Tom

Okay. I've never encountered anything but std+flat extra if the case was underwritten at all. I'm fighting right now to get a flat extra reduced on a similar case.

Its difficult for me to understand a rating on cancer. Either its a discernible risk for a specified period or not.

Back