Memorial to require Medicare patients to enroll in Advantage plan by 2020

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania

In the letter, Memorial CEO Russ Myers wrote that the organization decided to make the change because the insurance plan provides benefits that will allow providers to better care for Medicare patients.

Hmmm... Like with The Villages in Fl, right? Memorial will be using Health Alliance, an Illinois-based private insurer that offers the original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans, not AARP/UHC, though. Bet we'll start seeing more and more of this.

In the letter, Memorial CEO Russ Myers wrote that the organization decided to make the change because the insurance plan provides benefits that will allow providers to better care for Medicare patients.

Hmmm... Like with The Villages in Fl, right? Memorial will be using Health Alliance, an Illinois-based private insurer that offers the original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans, not AARP/UHC, though. Bet we'll start seeing more and more of this.
They're owned by the Hospital that I go to. They have a lot of clinics around. It's a Mayo spinoff. They've had the Med Supps and MA for a long time. I guess they're spreading their wings.
Carle Foundation Hospital - Wikipedia

The villages in FL has been that way for a few years. MAPD only

However, the Villages is not a hospital, Though I think that would change things, I am guessing here but I think because the villages are more of a community they might have more ability to do things like that, I would think a Hospital has more a response to a larger area and more emergency type stuff, I would believe there would be more of a legeal issue.

I could be wrong though I am just guessing

I would think a Hospital has more a response to a larger area and more emergency type stuff, I would believe there would be more of a legal issue.
It was not the ER/inpatient hospital. It was the primary care clinics owned by the hospital.

"While Virginia Mason Memorial is committed to finding ways for its primary care clinics to provide more efficient, safe and affordable health care, requiring Medicare patients to switch to a specific insurance plan was the wrong tactic."

Source: Virginia Mason Memorial backs off Advantage plan requirement for Medicare primary care

Back