Memorial to require Medicare patients to enroll in Advantage plan by 2020

It was not the ER/inpatient hospital. It was the primary care clinics owned by the hospital.

"While Virginia Mason Memorial is committed to finding ways for its primary care clinics to provide more efficient, safe and affordable health care, requiring Medicare patients to switch to a specific insurance plan was the wrong tactic."

Source: Virginia Mason Memorial backs off Advantage plan requirement for Medicare primary care

They always say Provide more efficient, safe and affordable health care, What I want to know is how adding another layer of preauth and red tape helps provide more efficient, Safe care as well as how adding all those copays for those type services and therapies is the way to provide more affordable care

Man, I had a woman who had health issue complaining about her medsupp premium, She could afford it but her friend convinced her how it would be much more affordable to pay copays and have low premium, So I warned her but sold it, Now she cries her copays are too much she had to go through Phys therapy at $20 per visit and had to cut to 2 per week when she needed 4 per week

At least she knows she cant blame me

What I want to know is how adding another layer of preauth and red tape helps provide more efficient, Safe care as well as how adding all those copays for those type services and therapies is the way to provide more affordable care

Done well, it can result in more systematic, less "transactional" care. The difficulty is it's not always - or often - done well....

Back