Memory Training

NWInsurance

Expert
I try each year to invest in self-improvement. This year that meant going to this memory seminar this week.

I already knew many of the ideas, but man people were really excited about what they learned. I would say that it was one of the best seminars that I have been to for self-improvement.

We were given random lists of data to test in the beginning, and most people could only remember about 6 items from the list, and after 20 minutes to learn a technique, after the first go most people were able to remember 19-20 and tell you what number they were on the list.

We also learned a bunch of ways to remember names.

At any rate it was very helpful. For anyone that deals with people (in person) a good memory is a must. We also learned how to keep your schedule, appointments, shopping lists, and even speeches all in your head without writing it down.

The thing was about 425 and you can go back to the class for life. It sounds a little pricy, but even though I knew most of this stuff I still think that it was money well spent because it is causing me to use the techniques again.

I am sure that you can learn this stull online, but nothing replaces a seminar. (OOPS IT WAS A WORKSHOP, NOT A SEMINAR)

The company is Freedom Speakers, I am sure you can find out about them online.

NWInsurance

PS. I had something else to say but I forgot. Maybe I need to go to the WORKSHOP again..... Oh Well!

I try each year to invest in self-improvement. This year that meant going to this memory seminar this week.

I already knew many of the ideas, but man people were really excited about what they learned. I would say that it was one of the best seminars that I have been to for self-improvement.

We were given random lists of data to test in the beginning, and most people could only remember about 6 items from the list, and after 20 minutes to learn a technique, after the first go most people were able to remember 19-20 and tell you what number they were on the list.

We also learned a bunch of ways to remember names.

At any rate it was very helpful. For anyone that deals with people (in person) a good memory is a must. We also learned how to keep your schedule, appointments, shopping lists, and even speeches all in your head without writing it down.

The thing was about 425 and you can go back to the class for life. It sounds a little pricy, but even though I knew most of this stuff I still think that it was money well spent because it is causing me to use the techniques again.

I am sure that you can learn this stull online, but nothing replaces a seminar. (OOPS IT WAS A WORKSHOP, NOT A SEMINAR)

The company is Freedom Speakers, I am sure you can find out about them online.

NWInsurance

PS. I had something else to say but I forgot. Maybe I need to go to the WORKSHOP again..... Oh Well!

How were you able to get $200 off the workshop? I might attend one of these seminars up here in MD, but the darn website says it costs $625. Is that the actual price that you paid or did you forget? :biggrin:

You just need to have them present it to a group. They can present to your chamber, or your office. I am not sure what the qualifications are, but they can tell you.

I saw them at the Chamber.

When they come speak to a group you then get it at $425.

Again still steep, but if you have a problem with memory it is a must. I can still remember the list of 20 things from Monday, and I can recite in order, or by item number.

I can also now remember my schedule for the day without looking at my calender. I am working towards more of the ideas. I hope that in the next year I will be good enough to go into a room and remember everyones name (that I meet) and be able to recall their name when I see them 3 months later.

The best part is that it does not matter how good you think your memory is. We all have perfect memories, the problem is our recall.

Well that is all for me for now.

NWInsurance

If you are interested in doing this feel free to PM me, and we can chat about all of the details. At the class that I was in there were about 10 other agents, realtors and a mix of other people.

You just need to have them present it to a group. They can present to your chamber, or your office. I am not sure what the qualifications are, but they can tell you.

I saw them at the Chamber.

When they come speak to a group you then get it at $425.

Again still steep, but if you have a problem with memory it is a must. I can still remember the list of 20 things from Monday, and I can recite in order, or by item number.

I can also now remember my schedule for the day without looking at my calender. I am working towards more of the ideas. I hope that in the next year I will be good enough to go into a room and remember everyones name (that I meet) and be able to recall their name when I see them 3 months later.

The best part is that it does not matter how good you think your memory is. We all have perfect memories, the problem is our recall.

Well that is all for me for now.

NWInsurance

If you are interested in doing this feel free to PM me, and we can chat about all of the details. At the class that I was in there were about 10 other agents, realtors and a mix of other people.

I appreciate the input. check your PM.

Oh on the subject of self improvement.

I have always steered away from Brian Tracys sales stuff, because it is a little on the hard sale route.

I was checking out his website and he seems to have quite a bit of material on Self Help etc.

I am looking for a CD program to buy that can last me a few months into 2008. I see that he has many sets that have 12-24 CD's. They deal with goal setting, positive attitude etc.

I like to listen to this sort of stuff to learn new techniques, and remind me of what I already know and am not doing.

If anyone has any of his stuff (the bigger packages) and you like it please let me know. If you can also include the set you have that would be great.

NWInsurance

Ithink everything that tony robbins can say on a tape is available in his books. They really are great books, but you actually have to do work. With the tape programs, you get little workbooks or something, I think, and it is convenient to listen to them/cds in the car. I prefer to pay attention to my driving while driving, unless there's a Rage Against the Machine song on.

I agree, I like to listen in the car as I am quite busy otherwise.

I am also trying to find a way to connect my MP3 player to a Bluetooth. There used to be a transmitter, but I cant fint them anymore.

I thought I could have some HIGH PEP stuff playing and I have have it in my ear as I walk up to an appointment.

At any rate, I am too busy for more books right now, as I already have more than I can read.

I will check out the Tony Robbins stuff.

Thanks

Back