Mercury Ins Co. (Ga. Agent)

NCROSS

Expert
Ga
I am looking to bring on another competitive company to my agency and I was wondering if Mercury is competitive enough price wise to be worth contracting with?

Here is Southern California, Mercury is very competitive but difficult to get an appointment with. They are also the most difficult company to deal with in terms of underwriting but once you get used to it, you avoid most of the hassle.

Hmmm, to get any sort of real response, you'll have to say where you are or at least, where you market. As with most carriers, some places they are competitive, some places not so much.

Dan

Guys - this person is in Georgia, says so in his profile. I'll bet Norcross, which is a huge suburb of Atlanta. Hello from John's Creek:). I also have thought about Mercury. I know an agent in Loganville who has a contract with them (she said it was a bear to get) but says Travelers is more competitive, which is interesting as we have a Travelers contract and have trouble beating companies like Allstate, especially with homeowners. Not sure about auto. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any luck with Mercury!

I am in Northeast Ga and the rep was very easy to deal with and he gave me their software to quote and to see if they would be competitive for my agency. I am a small agency so if they will talk with me I am sure they are open to talking with anyone. He told me as long as I was able to produce one app a week they would keep me on board. Sounds good if they are competitive but I have not ran across them much here so I was not sure if that was because they do not have good rates or if there are not that many people in my area selling the product. I just to not want to add them on and then lose them because I can not compete. I have a hard time losing business to Cotton States in my area. They seem to be way to cheaply priced I am not sure how they are keeping their rates so low? Travelers told me they would not let me write for them because they have way to many agents in my area already appointed. Very frustrating. I am a competitive person and I hate to lose business!

Back