Merrill Insurance Group, Combined Insurance, or Start at a Funeral Home Selling Final Expense

Roger that

I am interested in final expense, LTC, med supps and ci. I would like to get to know final expense and start with final expense and then slowly transition over to the other Types of insurance.

I was thinking of starting with combined worksite for training, product knowledge and the fact they don't charge for leads, and prospecting.

My question to you all is- Would I be better off starting with Merrill insurance group For training and pay for leads, Without any Prior insurance knowledge or experience? Or would I be better off starting at a funeral home, if I can find one and not have to pay for leads or should I just go ahead and start at combined?

I would like to make a decision by next Tuesday, so any feedback is much appreciated.

----------

Would you guys recommend Shannon davey?

----------

If I went with MIG...........

Local management makes all the difference with captive situations.

Same with funeral homes. You hire in at one and you'll think you found gold. Same job at another one can be a dead end.

You just have to check out your opportunities and go with the one that feels right.

Shannon is one of the RD's for EFES. Good guy, good training, good leads.

As for the other stuff, Newby is right on the money. Depends?

I am interested in final expense, LTC, med supps and ci. I would like to get to know final expense and start with final expense and then slowly transition over to the other Types of insurance.

I was thinking of starting with combined worksite for training, product knowledge and the fact they don't charge for leads, and prospecting.

My question to you all is- Would I be better off starting with Merrill insurance group For training and pay for leads, Without any Prior insurance knowledge or experience? Or would I be better off starting at a funeral home, if I can find one and not have to pay for leads or should I just go ahead and start at combined?

I would like to make a decision by next Tuesday, so any feedback is much appreciated.

----------

Would you guys recommend Shannon davey?

----------

If I went with MIG...........

A reoccuring theme with Combined is that they teach you to prospect. You will be cold walking into businesses or going into businesses with existing Combined policies and going into a presentation and hopefully a sale.

There is a somewhat experienced rep on topgunproducers right now with a thread of his approaches sales etc. He is finding it tough to survive on the commissions he is making.

That being said every former combined agent I have met that is still in insurance says they learned a lot about prospecting and selling there.

I have no affiliation with combined and never worked for them.

Shannon is one of the RD's for EFES. Good guy, good training, good leads.

As for the other stuff, Newby is right on the money. Depends?

JD, I understand what Newby is saying, but do you think an experienced closer and someone who enjoys talking with people, who has no experience in selling insurance could learn enough from the training MIG/Efes provides to survive and eventually prosper and be successful in Fe?

If the answer is most likely not, do you have any recommendations as to what company would be a good place to start?

----------

A reoccuring theme with Combined is that they teach you to prospect. You will be cold walking into businesses or going into businesses with existing Combined policies and going into a presentation and hopefully a sale.

There is a somewhat experienced rep on topgunproducers right now with a thread of his approaches sales etc. He is finding it tough to survive on the commissions he is making.

That being said every former combined agent I have met that is still in insurance says they learned a lot about prospecting and selling there.

I have no affiliation with combined and never worked for them.

This producer, is he with combined? Where would you start if you were new and looking to get into Fe?

----------

Local management makes all the difference with captive situations.

Same with funeral homes. You hire in at one and you'll think you found gold. Same job at another one can be a dead end.

You just have to check out your opportunities and go with the one that feels right.

Newby, thanks for the response. By the way congrats on you teaming up with Travis & Jd, sure you guys will do well.

I am checking out a funeral home tomorrow if I have the time(2 hr drive w/ traffic). They are with sci/dignity, do you know anything about them?

JD, I understand what Newby is saying, but do you think an experienced closer and someone who enjoys talking with people, who has no experience in selling insurance could learn enough from the training MIG/Efes provides to survive and eventually prosper and be successful in Fe?

If the answer is most likely not, do you have any recommendations as to what company would be a good place to start?

----------

This producer, is he with combined? Where would you start if you were new and looking to get into Fe?

----------

Newby, thanks for the response. By the way congrats on you teaming up with Travis & Jd, sure you guys will do well.

I am checking out a funeral home tomorrow if I have the time(2 hr drive w/ traffic). They are with sci/dignity, do you know anything about them?

SCI Dignity will likely be low on the commission side but MAY have good training if they have good local management.

----------

----------

Shannon has trained many successful FE agents. I never worked with him directly but check with Toby. He worked directly with Shannon and was trained by Shannon.

A local captive might be the way to go too? There's too many differences in them to know about one particular agency. Has the agency you are looking at ever trained a successful agent before? If they have then talk to that agent and see what that agent has to say.

Shannon has trained many successful FE agents. I never worked with him directly but check with Toby. He worked directly with Shannon and was trained by Shannon.

A local captive might be the way to go too? There's too many differences in them to know about one particular agency. Has the agency you are looking at ever trained a successful agent before? If they have then talk to that agent and see what that agent has to say.

Great advice. Is there a way for me to find that information out or do I just ask the agency? And if they give a name is there a way verify that the agent is or has been successful at that agency?

Great advice. Is there a way for me to find that information out or do I just ask the agency? And if they give a name is there a way verify that the agent is or has been successful at that agency?

Great question.

But the answer is no. Many broke people make a point of not appearing broke.

Just talk to the agent and see if he seems like the real deal to you. Your gut feeling is usually correct.

The problem people have is even when their gut is giving them warning signs, they just want to believe so bad they ignore all the signs.

Great question.

But the answer is no. Many broke people make a point of not appearing broke.

Just talk to the agent and see if he seems like the real deal to you. Your gut feeling is usually correct.

The problem people have is even when their gut is giving them warning signs, they just want to believe so bad they ignore all the signs.

That is so true. I think that dreamer element that we all have that led us to work as commission only sales people can be a hindrance to better judgment, I will admit that it has caught me a time or two.

Latest posts

Back