Met Life

EdHead

Expert
I have been interviewing with Met Life. I am at the third step and so far so good. The credit check my be a deal breaker but you never know.

I would like some input from anyone who has any experience working with Met Life. I am fairly new to the insurance biz and have been going at it as an independent but would value quality training a big company has to offer. They seem to be a good company.

I have no experience with Met Life, be cautious I know some offices are more interested in just obtaining your peronsal list of "leads" and then they could care less about you. I am not saying your office is like this, I am not saying your office is not like this.

I stated yestereday had my NYL office not had some "upper management" problems I would have never left. Some agents are better suited in the corporate worlds of NYL,NW,MM,Metlife, and some are better off as Indy agents.

ML is a fine choice, sorry I do not have any experience with them to help you out. Just my .02 cents.

Hi Ed. I have been at Met for 27 years. Each office is different. Each territory has different training techniques so much depends on where you are located.

Your best bet is to talk to both new and experienced agents in the office you will be working. They will give you honest answers...good or bad.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

started at Met 14 years ago.....do they still give you a base draw if your green...

This is my first post here. This is a great website with a ton of information!

Chump, I have interviewed with Metlife in Kansas City. Do you know anything about that location?

Metlife offers so many products, I am curious what you focus on and if it is through networking or if their leads are any good.

Thank you

Well everything went good. I passed my 6 first time and started the same day. Im on my 4th week and learning quite a lot. I now have to pass the 63 and hope to have that done next month. After that I will go for P & C.

Back