Metlife Agency Opportunity

aircapjim

I'm an insurance agent in TN wanting to start my own agency. A sales manager with Metlife has been pursuing me about that company's opportunity. Is it a good one? Would I be better off looking elsewhere. This individual has been kind of pushy. That has me leery.

Metlife captive P&C rates are super competitive, way lower than independent metlife rates. I just know cause I quoted someone on metlife and they got a metlife quote from a captive agent, it that was way lower than my quote.

Metlife captive P&C rates are super competitive, way lower than independent metlife rates. I just know cause I quoted someone on metlife and they got a metlife quote from a captive agent, it that was way lower than my quote.
Met also has a provision like Allstate that captives will underwrite discounts at renewal, but not up front. Check their quote for a TRUE accounting of discounts.

I'm an insurance agent in TN wanting to start my own agency. A sales manager with Metlife has been pursuing me about that company's opportunity. Is it a good one? Would I be better off looking elsewhere. This individual has been kind of pushy. That has me leery.

Did you end up joining Met?

I just saw this, I am a captive Met agent. You can ask away. Yes we do get pretty good rates as part of our group benefits. They let us get appointed with Progressive/State/travelers/Safeco etc. I am pretty happy with what we can offer. We also get to offer a bunch of life companies although I do miss the old Met. What ever people think or have heard about working for Met is obsolete, it has changed so much in the last couple of years. Amazing benefits, pension, the comp is good and some new stuff coming up keeps me happy. I do plan to retire from Met and will hopefully transition my book to one of my kids.

Back