Metlife Auto & Home

Angio333

Expert
Ohio
I having been talking to Metlife Auto & Home becoming a captive agent for them. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Thanks.

We are licensed with them and In Pa, our comparative rater gives us their rates when we do quotes on auto/home and they are not competitive in our area. However, that tends to be a very regional issue, their track record appears to be good from a service standpoint. Depending on whether they give the independants the same type of program in Ohio as they give their captives would be my next question.

Wow, wonder who's the brainchild of that ploy?? $10 gas card

So, your saying their marketing dept may be a little suspect:)

Wow......just ran an auto quote from Metlife on my wife and I on their website. Their policy was about $375 more than my current policy per month! That has to be a mistake or a computer error.

Last edited:
Wow......just ran an auto quote from Metlife on my wife and I on their website. Their policy was about $375 more than my current policy per month! That has to be a mistake or a computer error.

Maybe that's good in the long run. Then you'll need to learn how to sell on value rather than price :mask:.

Mets rate was really good in our area until early last year when they went to the Metrix tiering system, that killed there rate and then they took an 8% jump in rates in our area this past august. We don't write much with them other than homeowners. ALso, things have really changed once they got their new president. They were our primary carrier for about 2.5 years but now it seems that every day their computer system is down and rates are high. I would probably pass on them. I think a better captive route maybe to look at nationwide if they are in your area.

MetLife...Nationwide...Allstate...Erie...State Farm....ah...all of those options.

In some areas, one company's rates will be crummy, and 30 miles in another direction, that company's rates are gold.

"This company has lousy service." "No...that company is the best company I have ever dealt with."

The key here is to keep the door open to as many companies as you can. Loss ratios can change on a dime and the competitiveness of rates between cars can also change quite rapidly.

Last edited:
If you can get in Erie do it. Your not a captive agent. That lets you have prefered carriers rates without being locked in. You can also sell other companies Insurance if you want.

Latest posts

Back