Metlife Auto & Home

iwilliams76

I was considering moving to Metlife Auto & Home. their new program sounds good 15% commission on new biz, 7% renewal. expense reimbursement if so get 50 points.

points =

Auto 2.5
Home 1.5

so that like 12.5 auto and 12.5 home or 25 policies. looking for some experienced met reps to provide guidance and or advise. I have been at Liberty Mutual no renewals

Last edited:
What state? Metlife has a great market share in New York but does not compete with Geico, State Farm, Allstate and Liberty.

I really like MetLife Auto & Home. Their product (in Tennessee) is by far superior to others out there as far as coverage. As far as pricing goes they're not the best. I personally have my coverage with them. I could save $100/ month by moving my coverage to Safeco, Travelers or others but I have gotten calls from customers on nearly all of my claims bragging on the service they received.

Captive Met is not the way to go.

Go Indy with a group, where you can get Met as well as many other carriers, Where Met is offering an override. Make more with met, make more in general, Go Indy!

Met does have a GREAT product! (Grand Protect, great coverage's)

I know a guy who recruited for Met Captive. In fact I knew two guys. PM me for more details.

Oh for sure. I didn't realize they had a captive program. I really like them but definitely wouldn't tie myself to a captive contract with them. I think they pay 15% new and 12.5% renewal on their indy. Plus profit sharing and of course they do several incentives throughout the year giving $100 extra per combo and grand protect app submitted.

Captive Met would not be my choice either. They have a good product, but are only competitive in very select areas. I like having them in the holster, but would never forgo having all my other carriers. Those splits aren't great either.

In my market Metlife is worthless & more in particular (in my market) going captive w/ Metlife would be equivalent to gargling broken glass coated in anthrax w/ the intention of getting a better singing voice.

Go Indy or go home.

I can't stand their quoting tool! I stopped writing them because it is so bad.

Does anyone know what the commission break down for the Metlife Auto and home agency program in Texas is?

Back