Metlife Employment Questions

cindystith

Hello Forum!

I am considering employment with MetLife - and wondering if anyone has experience (good or bad) and wondering if anyone can clue me in on what to expext.

I need the training, or I would consider doing this as an IE.

Would I still be able to write health policies on the side, or if I am captive - nothing but Met Life?

Thanks!

MetLife was my first appointment and I am sure they have not changed in 18 years....make sure you get a salary while you learn... be prepared to pitch family and friends....after a year you will lose the salary and at that point you will have to decide if this is for you......

I too started with MetLife. They did provide sound training, but of course they wanted you to sell MetLife products...Most of the time, they were considerably more expensive. And when you sold a Transamerica, or Banner Life, they wouldn't sign off on the commission advancement...So you would starve if you didn't sell their products

MetLife was my first appointment and I am sure they have not changed in 18 years....make sure you get a salary while you learn... be prepared to pitch family and friends....after a year you will lose the salary and at that point you will have to decide if this is for you......

I thought you lost the salary after 19 weeks?

They pay you 500 for 19 weeeks...Then you have to hit your check points every quarter...What I hated about that, they only looked at issued and paid policies, not what you had submitted...often times your cases required an APS to be pulled, and this slowed down everything...plus if you sold a non MetLife product, you only get paid as earned...So that couldn't really count to your goals

They pay you 500 for 19 weeeks...Then you have to hit your check points every quarter...What I hated about that, they only looked at issued and paid policies, not what you had submitted...often times your cases required an APS to be pulled, and this slowed down everything...plus if you sold a non MetLife product, you only get paid as earned...So that couldn't really count to your goals

Why should they consider "submitted" policies towards your checkpoints? "Submitted" is not paid, nor issued. It's not money that your company has collected. You don't get paid on "maybe it'll go through" business.

This is why you need to have a continuous flow of prospects in your pipeline.

Hahah, and you solved this not getting paid for business that hasn't been paid for problem how?

Back