Metlife Grandprotect

I am under the impression that Metlife has a great product with the Grandprotect....am I wrong in thinking this? Are there other carriers out there that have this blanket policy feature, and the 1 deductible for both home and auto in the event of a catastrophic event?

Many carriers have different rules for High Value Clients. Home has to qualify and they need to meet other qualifications. Those plans do tend to save money but I have also seen a lot of people who needed the coverage and savings leery of the inspection process

Grand protect starts at 250k value homes in most states to qualify. Not really high value. ASI knocks back way more on inspections. I just spent 2 hours on the phone with an ASI underwriter while he looked at 75 pictures of a brand new home while he decided if it was okay.
As for the one deductible Progressive/ASI has it if you bundle home and auto but they don't include the rec and boat. I have a grand protect and I sold one to my dad and most of my family. Knowing it the way I do, I don't care if its a little cheaper elsewhere. However, its good for some people, overkill for others.
I like the blanket, its good if you have outbuildings ot there are worries you might need more coverage on personal property. It also give unlimited tool coverage (theft) under the blanket. I don't know many companies I can put someone with 100k of tools with for no extra charge. Of course every state has different guidelines so double check your state.

Encompass has a policy that insures both the home and auto on one policy and there is blanket coverage on the home. In 1974 I represented Continental Insurance Company and they were the first company to offer a package with home and auto on the same policy. They had a national advertising campaign called the Insurance Store. An agency could order banners and signs with the Insurance Store on it and take advantage of the national advertising. Their policy had cadillac coverage at a reasonable rate. A few years late St Paul Insurance Company came out with an all in one policy but they vanished. Around 1998 CNA purchased Continental's personal lines and kept the all in one policy. Everything was fine until Allstate purchased the CNA personal lines and changed the name to Encompass. A lot of independent agents were concerned about Allstate because of their reputation in the industry. Allstate said they weren't going to change anything but the name and would be hands off of the management of Encompass. All was great until everyone in management with Encompass had a business card with Allstate on it and then Encompass didn't know what they wanted to do and were ruined by Allstate. I don't represent Encompass anymore and don't know what they are doing now.

Back