MetLife Pre Appointment Stage

In discussion with Met on a agent role, they discussed a pre-appointment
or pre contract period,,where you the new agent is required to bring in 10 cases and do field work all prior to being hired,,no business cards,No personalized marketing and a reduce comm payout,then they will not pay your determined
training allowance till your in "contract" again after the pre contract,,sounds real strange to me...and on top of it the commissions are staggered out until month 7
I have heard of project 200 and captive age:err:ncies but this is too much..

LOL that's how agencys prospect. Most agents will never be hired but the carrot is to get hired you must take them to 10 or more friends to show "you have tge ability to prospect an be a future agent". And they sell all your friends and you fade away and they keep all the commissions an renewals. they do that with 50 propsects a yr and that's a lot of commission $'s.If i were you I'd go with a Guardian,mass or northwestern.

Many big box agencies seem to have a culture geared toward the young ,living at home wants to be a professional,,then they come in and say you can make alot of money (true with lots of time effort), however instead of engaging a new agent in a strong development program its a verbal gift of (meet with 20-30 per week), close 4-5 cases per month...oh and do it in your "warm market".
Met even has you enter your personal contacts into there database and call it a marketing project,,typing in your contacts,,this is a marketing project..it all becomes a flight risk and for anyone who has had a success in other fields this
becomes a very clear agenda,, but will it ever change ???

Back