MGA Specialized in Trucking

VMC Group

I am looking for a recommendation for a good MGA who is specialized in trucking. We have already some relations, but sometimes it is hard to find a good placement for a risk. We have numerous submissions daily and if we find a good match, we will keep them busy. PM is fine if you don't want to post. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I already work with RT and RPS. I send an email to Crouse but they haven't got back to me. I will try Brookside. Thanks again!

I'm just curious -- do these MGA's "actively" look for new brokers? Are they actively looking for new business? I hear so many stories about MGA's not getting back to "new" brokers. I don't do P/C coverage, but I would think it is probably be case specific. Thanks.

You bring up an interesting issue that I've experienced, and I've heard about similar issues from other producers.

Basically the mga's ask for our business, and ask us to work with them. Then we usually get to a point in the relationship after we've written a bit of business and we're struggling to get simple phone calls and emails returned. It's a pretty common issue I've experienced throughout my career, and I continually hear about from other agents.

I'm not completely clear on the full picture here, but I think they want to write more business and take care of their agents, but when they get bogged down with quotes and servicing, it may not be easy, or realistic.

I can help them write the business if they want to work with me, but most of the big companies don't want to appoint anymore agencies. I had refusals before because my book of business wasn't big enough and now the story is that they don't need any more agents. Go figure :)

With fires raging, the new insurance risks of people working from home, the pandemic, businesses shutting down, and auto claims increasing for the last few years, I think the industry as a whole is going to be pretty chaotic for at least the next few years. Probably many years.

That really stinks. You begin a relationship with an MGA, give them business, have business on the books, etc. -- and then they forget about you? Is it possible to "transfer" the current in-force business to another MGA and write all new business going forward with that MGA? Is that possible? If so, how hard would that be?

That really stinks. You begin a relationship with an MGA, give them business, have business on the books, etc. -- and then they forget about you? Is it possible to "transfer" the current in-force business to another MGA and write all new business going forward with that MGA? Is that possible? If so, how hard would that be?
Yes you can. I've done it. It's not that hard.

Most of the problems that I've had, and I've heard from other agencies, has to do with writing new business. Once it's on the books, I'm dealing with a different set of people, and servicing usually isn't too much of a problem.

Yes you can. I've done it. It's not that hard.

Most of the problems that I've had, and I've heard from other agencies, has to do with writing new business. Once it's on the books, I'm dealing with a different set of people, and servicing usually isn't too much of a problem.

Got it. Not a good picture. Thanks.

Back