Michel Sams On Combining Cancer Plans with Supplement Sales.

Thanks for sharing rousemark. Are you using a plan like this and if so can you give me some numbers? Say 65 yr male $20k. I currently use United National Life as my cancer plan. It is not just a lump sum though.
Aetna is $57 .. Most companies are in the $60 range at that age.

Aetna is $57 .. Most companies are in the $60 range at that age.

Thanks for the info.

FYI, I just ran my own quote against UNL and they offer their top plan at $61.43 for both spouses (family plan). Individual would only run $36.14. But I'm sure you run higher than 60% on commissions?

Thanks for the info.

FYI, I just ran my own quote against UNL and they offer their top plan at $61.43 for both spouses (family plan). Individual would only run $36.14. But I'm sure you run higher than 60% on commissions?
Not with all companies..Drop back to a B or C and add $5K to $10K lump sum and see what you think about it.. Still fairly good treatment benefits with an infusion of cash up front when they are first diagnosed before treatment even begins.

My Mother fought breast cancer for a year with her Med Sup F plan. Her OOP cost was $7.00 because she took me to Wendy's on the day of her last treatment and we both ate off the dollar menu. Also, I never buy soda when eating out! $10,000 OOP on an F Plan? Would have to be a very extreme case of traveling for every appointment and spending the night.

My Mother fought breast cancer for a year with her Med Sup F plan. Her OOP cost was $7.00 because she took me to Wendy's on the day of her last treatment and we both ate off the dollar menu. Also, I never buy soda when eating out! $10,000 OOP on an F Plan? Would have to be a very extreme case of traveling for every appointment and spending the night.
A large portion of my costs were something you would never think about. Clothing...When I was diagnosed I was 215 lbs. In just a few months, I was at 145.. None of my clothes would come close to fitting. Had to buy some. Then when I finally got better, I gained up to 175 and stayed there for some time. The large clothes were still too large and the small ones wouldn't button.. Had to buy some more.

Another non medical cost I incurred was teeth.. I wear dentures. When I lost so much weight, my dentures would not fit. They gagged me. New dentures were around $3K. Plus, I did have a lot of 120 mile round trips for treatment at a time when gas was at an all time high. There is no such thing as a standard case of cancer. Every one is different. So what if they don't need the $10K or more the plan pays. They can use it to celebrate their recovery on a cruise instead of eating off the dollar menu.

It is a lot better to spend a few bucks per month you won't really miss than to struggle financial at a time you are undergoing the emotional stress of fighting for your life. :wideeyed:

To each his own I guess, I don't consider $500/year a few bucks. Sorry you had to go through all that. I get ridiculed for putting people on a GTL Hospital plan combined with MA plans also. Just have to help people the best we can and with what we are comfortable with. I did like your presentation though and I do the exact same thing about running 3 quotes and letting them pick. They almost always choose the middle quote for the hospital indemnity plan.

$10,000 OOP on an F Plan? Would have to be a very extreme case of traveling for every appointment and spending the night.

Cancer has several hidden cost often based on how treatment is administered. Remember Medicare and a supplement will not pay for: loss time at work for family members to assist, diet changes that may be required or trialed as an optional treatment, travel or lodging expenses, or anything deemed not covered by Medicare. Those are out of pocket expenses.

Based on the type of cancer and duration of treatment (or life) the above cost can be a budget buster. Not to mention (in the case of SS recipients) potential loss of up to 50% of income at time of death. Working folks could expect to see even greater cost based off loss time at work. Even with short or long term disability they can expect no more that 66% of original income.

To each his own I guess, I don't consider $500/year a few bucks. Sorry you had to go through all that. I get ridiculed for putting people on a GTL Hospital plan combined with MA plans also. Just have to help people the best we can and with what we are comfortable with. I did like your presentation though and I do the exact same thing about running 3 quotes and letting them pick. They almost always choose the middle quote for the hospital indemnity plan.
Can't take credit for the presentation. I just posted it after viewing it on YouTube. The plan choice close has been around since dark ages. It was one of the first ones we were taught when I started selling life insurance in the 70s.

Back