Michigan insurance bureau..re duplicate life insurance policy

Aug 1, 2019

1. insurance0707

insurance0707 Guru

The Michigan insurance bureau told our family that they cannot go by the provisions of our life insurance policy.. because it is a duplicate life insurance policy that was sent to them AND our family by the insurance company directly... Due to the fact we lost our original policy.

The Michigan insurance will not go by the rules or laws regarding the provisions of a duplicate life insurance policy. Our family is questioning a waiver of premium charge that we received for over 30 years. the duplicate life insurance policy clearly shows there was no charges for this rider.

The Michigan insurance bureau has drank the Kool-Aid from the insurance company. The insurance company states the duplicate insurance policy was printed out in 2019 including a copy of the data page and original application. They told the Michigan insurance bureau that data page with the original policy DID list a premium for this rider... The insurance company is saying the rider dropped off of this policy in 2016 that's why the 2019 duplicate life insurance policy and data page don't show it anymore.

Ain't that some shit?

2. insurance0707

insurance0707 Guru

I'm a health insurance agent not a life agent but even I know some b******* when I read it. Any life insurance agents out there know the facts about a duplicate life insurance policy

3. insurance0707

insurance0707 Guru

I actually laughed when I first read it there excuse, but i quit laughing when the insurance bureau believe them

4. DHK

DHK Guru

State:
    California
    DHK, Aug 1, 2019
  5. Allen Trent

Allen Trent Guru

Depending on how long the normal rider lasted on the policy for that carrier, it sounds legit. For instance, did the insured on the policy turn, say age 60, 62 or 65 around 2016? if so, the waiver may have expired by definition of the rider language at that specific age or the 1st policy anniversary after that age. That is very common for waiver or premium riders & child insurance riders. they have a specifically defined end point stated in the contract language of the rider.

Also, did the duplicate policy sent include a copy of the application in the back like an original policy would? Not sure if it is supposed to or not, but if the application is in there, maybe you can see on the application if the waiver of premium box was marked on the original application.