Microsoft Excel Vs Access

Thanks for all your help.. don't go crazy.. i'm just going to start with something simple and tweak and make changes as I need to .. so I'll learn on the go.

Thanks, I won't. I just have to live with this, I am loosing reading comprehension and retention ability every year.

In this case it is frustrating to know that I had to have a skill that I could exercise at at least a minimal level to retain my job as long as I did, and now I can't even recall the name of the skill, let alone how to do it.

I love Excel & use it almost exclusively. But, Access gives you the ability to do "queries" - e.g. - how many prospects will be turning 65 in May. Who are the clients that have Med Supps with Anthem. Who's birthday is coming up for renewals.

I save my "query" and export it into an Excel file because, as previously mentioned, Excel is so much easier to use. You can mail merge with Excel but not with Access to my knowledge.

Use Excel. You can import your data to Access later if necessary, but it probably won't be. Excel can likely do everything you need.

BTW, you can do queries in Excel and mail merge from Access.

Latest posts

Back