Midland National

eh1

Expert
I'm just starting out (duh)and was wondering how competitive midland is. I've been appointed with Columbian for fe too. Any thoughts?

Midland is not an FE carrier. They want traditional cases. Their rates are generally competitive and they aren't a super tight underwriter, but they aren't looking to really compete for your impaired cases either.

Also, I would definitely add more than just Columbian for FE.

I am a big fan of Midland. But they are not a FE company. And they are not the best impaired risk carrier.

And Ray is correct. Midland is a direct appointment carrier. No reason to go through an upline unless you just enjoy a lower commission rate.

In my experience, you have to be careful with Midland and North American in that they don't want your jumbo cases either. I have found that anything over $100K in annual premium is not their forte.

I assume that they have trouble getting reinsurance on those cases. ON a side note, I have found their UW to be very difficult and time consuming. Just my take on it. I hope this helps

In my experience, you have to be careful with Midland and North American in that they don't want your jumbo cases either. I have found that anything over $100K in annual premium is not their forte.

I assume that they have trouble getting reinsurance on those cases. ON a side note, I have found their UW to be very difficult and time consuming. Just my take on it. I hope this helps

Jumbo is considered at min 1mill+... usually jumbo is 2mill+...

I have found the exact opposite from what you claim. I have run multiple 1mill+ through Midland and they always seemed eager for the business and Ratings came back better than expected. I have never placed one under $100k with them and never had a problem. Under $100k is not their target market at all.

Jumbo is considered at min 1mill+... usually jumbo is 2mill+...

I have found the exact opposite from what you claim. I have run multiple 1mill+ through Midland and they always seemed eager for the business and Ratings came back better than expected. I have never placed one under $100k with them and never had a problem. Under $100k is not their target market at all.

He said premium, not face amount...

Well, I would like the larger commissions but really need a lot of hand holding. I've never worked any kind of sales job. I still get 70% so I'm not going to complain.

Back