Millennials most 'at risk' generation when it comes to life insurance

Unfortunate, indeed. I have a very healthy amount of insurance in force, but most of my friends, who are Millennials, feel that either A. Their work coverage is plenty or B. They don't need it.

Sadly, most people do need it and need more than their employer provides. No, not everyone, but most.

For the cost of a pizza or two a month, Term coverage (the only kind people need) is very affordable.

Very affordable to what age?

What company do you lead with?

I'm not going to name the company I underwrite for because it isn't relevant, but as a young Millennial myself, if one prioritizes correctly, they can come up with $15-20/mo for term insurance. It's all about priorities.
It is obvious you really know nothing about real life insurance sales.. As an underwriter, you can sit in the ivory tower with your UW guides and have all the answers laid out before you. You don't have to deal with the financial carnage your recommendations create for the average consumer.. And, when taking your advice, it does matter what companies with which you are familiar because every company does not underwrite the same.

It is obvious you really know nothing about real life insurance sales.. As an underwriter, you can sit in the ivory tower with your UW guides and have all the answers laid out before you. You don't have to deal with the financial carnage your recommendations create for the average consumer.. And, when taking your advice, it does matter what companies with which you are familiar because every company does not underwrite the same.

That's correct, each company has their own guidelines, but most are roughly in line with one another. I've been with 5 of the top life insurers in the country and have used a multitude of rating guides.

Nothing I've stated creates 'financial carnage' at all. Quite the opposite actually. See, I do know a lot about life insurance and the fact that I don't sell it, but yet see it every day, means I do not have the blinders on that agents have. They will sell crap, just to make a sale.

I love it when agents sell non-term crap because it pays my bills and keeps the insurance companies in business, but it doesn't mean it's the right decision. Being in my position, I can look at it impartially and not through the lens of an agent chasing a commission. I have very valuable advice on a lot of life insurance topics if you care to have a conversation and discuss.

Quit being such a dirtbag and listen to some of the things being said. You may disagree with some things and that's fine, but no need to be so belittling when I am actually quite an expert in the industry.

That's correct, each company has their own guidelines, but most are roughly in line with one another. I've been with 5 of the top life insurers in the country and have used a multitude of rating guides.

Nothing I've stated creates 'financial carnage' at all. Quite the opposite actually. See, I do know a lot about life insurance and the fact that I don't sell it, but yet see it every day, means I do not have the blinders on that agents have. They will sell crap, just to make a sale.

I love it when agents sell non-term crap because it pays my bills and keeps the insurance companies in business, but it doesn't mean it's the right decision. Being in my position, I can look at it impartially and not through the lens of an agent chasing a commission. I have very valuable advice on a lot of life insurance topics if you care to have a conversation and discuss.

Quit being such a dirtbag and listen to some of the things being said. You may disagree with some things and that's fine, but no need to be so belittling when I am actually quite an expert in the industry.
You can tell when your type starts losing an argument.. They always resort to name calling .. When you grow up, give me a call. :nah:

T I've been with 5 of the top life insurers in the country and have used a multitude of rating guides.

Why are you changing companies that often as a young person?

I love it when agents sell non-term crap because it pays my bills and keeps the insurance companies in business, but it doesn't mean it's the right decision.

You may disagree with some things and that's fine, but no need to be so belittling when I am actually quite an expert in the industry.

Your overconfidence details your inexperience. That quote in the middle shows your lack of product knowledge, which also may explain working at 5 different companies in your short career.

Somehow I don't see you lasting in this business. But when you explain it later it will be their fault, not yours. SMH

OK, you say you are a millennial and you have been an underwater for at least five different companies? Hummm.

Nothing you recommend creates financial carnage?!? How the hell do you know? Have ever even spoken to a prospect? Much less a person that has term'd out and now can not afford a rated policy or can not qualify for one at any cost? What is your experience with the aftermath of your expert advise?

You know a lot about what part of Life Insurance? I have clients in the defense industry. They work on assembly lines up armoring Humvees. That does not make them a Seal. Or take in coming rounds.

You do not look though the agent lens because you are not qualified to touch the lens much less look through it.

"You may disagree with some things and that's fine, but no need to be so belittling when we am actually quite an expert in the industry."

"Quit being such a dirtbag and listen to some of the things being said."

I was born in 1980 so, I am almost a Millenial. Since I didn't have any dependents when I was in my 20's, I instead invested intelligently in stocks, real estate, and business ventures. If I had dependents, I would have bought term. Yeah, my investments didn't go up in a straight line like life insurance would have (there were a few dips) but I made far more money with far less money than anyone could have with life insurance products. I have done well enough, that I mostly retired at 37. If I die today, my beneficiaries will be quite wealthy.

Now I am prepared to hear the commission life insurance salespeople tell me why I should have bought their products instead of investing in proven, logical, low risk, high return investments.

Last edited:
Back