Million Dollar Whole Life Declined :-(

Okay I guess people are not understanding what I said.

The guy we are talking about lost $375,000 because of a CPA and had lots of tax problems on top of that. Whatever he did obviously didn't work.

I said: Find out who is in on the decision. If an accountant or CPA is in on the decision then you have a right to talk to him.

If he is not cooperating then you have to have a trick up your sleeve. Ask him point blank questions if you know he doesn't know what he is talking about. This will scare him.

That is why next you ask his opinions in order to help his ego and get him on your side.

If the accountant is out to get you, often times because they want someone else to get the sale, you need another trick up your sleeve. That is why I recommend finding something the accountant missed. Call him up and ask if it can be fixed. I didn't say to curse him out.

And the reason you know the accountant missed something is because you know your client. A lot of these business guys have had their CPA's for years and the CPA is lazy, takes the client for granted, and are really semi retired.

I then said you can replace the CPA. I should have said that you only should try to do this if the CPA is really an ***. So my bad there. You shouldn't go around trying to get CPA's fired.

The accountant shopped the case himself so it sounds like he was also an agent.

The accountant shopped the case himself so it sounds like he was also an agent.

One of the positive aspects to California DOI regulations requiring that agents disclose their insurance license number on all marketing materials.

It might also be a good idea to run an accountant's name in your state's DOI agent look-up, just to see if there might be a potential conflict of interest issue with an accountant being licensed in insurance and/or financial services.

Back