Mini-med Plans

stuy119

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone have a good carrier for a mini-med plan? I have a group that is looking for one as a stopgap between now and 2014.

Was going to use Colonial Life's, but evidently they discontinued sales on it recently (and I missed the memo).

Eh, nevermind. I just found out why they likely discontinued some of the benefits due to PPACA reform limits on plans.

I had a feeling, but that seals the deal on it. Nevermind.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why not a group health plan?

Carve out of a group due to participation issues. Largely Mexican population who doesn't believe in insurance (yes, yes, I know) and won't pay the 33% of the premium that the ER won't cover. They wanted to use the savings from their other business to fund the mini-meds.

Good idea, too late in the execution.

But come 2014, they won't have any option and will be forced to cover everyone. We're working towards that eventuality.

Last edited:
Okay, please bare with me on sharing as I am new to this site.

What I attached is our newest Plan. This was put together based on our request from our brokers we work with currently. We have other and we can customized any based on what the employer wants. The Owner of the company was part of the original MSC Legislation for the Gap plans. AHR has been a full administrator from the very first HRA that was released 27 years ago. They are all compliant with the tax codes as a result we provide all the compliance forms and administration as a built in service with all our plans (see attached). Our member retention is 98% and our Employers save between 20-30% on their Premium Costs.

I scaled back on all we provide so that you don't feel like I am trying to shove too much your way all at once.

There are many carriers trying to come up similar products, but none are even comparable.

Attachments

• Metallic Gap Plans.pdf
    447.1 KB · Views: 4
  • claims filing made easy.pdf
    469.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Compliance Services.pdf
    209 KB · Views: 1
Back