Minimum salary?

I can and do intubate babies, pediactric kids, and adults.
I do arterial line insertions, I've helped Anesthesologists in the OR who could not ventilate their patients on their own equipment.

Just a simple question, what hospital allows a RT to intubate? I know that the ACLS certified people are pushing for this, and in some hospitals this is a pilot program, yet that is the exception and not the rule.

Now as far "Stereotyping" RT's? I don't know about that but I do irritate them, out of habit! Some habits are just hard to shake!:twitchy:

Thanks Sales Wolf for the kind words. What you have acheived in this biz inspires me. YOU ROCK BRO!
James, each facility has it's own protocols regarding intubation. Some let RT's, some don't. I am fortunate that I worked at one for 10 years that once trained in the OR, and having ACLS you earned the privlege to intubate. I also worked on a Flight for Life crew which intubating was almost a daily occurence. As far as Pharmaceuticals sales go, (and this is solely based on my personal encounters), the nicer the legs, and nicer the chest you have can make you some serious money. LOL...:)
Most Doc's would rather buy from a little hottie, than a slightly overweight 40 year old dude. My opinion of course.

Thanks Sales Wolf for the kind words. What you have acheived in this biz inspires me. YOU ROCK BRO!
James, each facility has it's own protocols regarding intubation. Some let RT's, some don't. I am fortunate that I worked at one for 10 years that once trained in the OR, and having ACLS you earned the privlege to intubate. I also worked on a Flight for Life crew which intubating was almost a daily occurence. As far as Pharmaceuticals sales go, (and this is solely based on my personal encounters), the nicer the legs, and nicer the chest you have can make you some serious money. LOL...:)
Most Doc's would rather buy from a little hottie, than a slightly overweight 40 year old dude. My opinion of course.

Now why didn't you say you work or worked on a Flight for Life, now I can like you!:D Your observations about pharm. sales and "Hot Legs" you have a very valid point. Plus the field is over saturated to a point it would be difficult to make a living in.

I am planning on making the switch myself. I'm currently a city paramedic. Having a small salary + commissions the first year would make the transition easier.

Hi. well i appreciate your good thoughts and nature of helping the people. well i do know the details what your questioning in this forum. but i can help you by giving how to find information through online. now a days there is abundance of informations available in search engine like yahoo and Google. you try finding out your queries by giving keywords in search box, it will list in websites. go through those websites and find out information what you require. surely you will get solution.

Back