Misconceptions About Life Insurance

Thanks for this article. I totally agree with you regarding the misconception of a lot of people that only the breadwinner needs some form of insurance, whether term or life. Its like the saying the stay-in partner does not in any contribute in any way to the running of the household. Great examples on your article.

I got life insurance at work

You know, that makes me want to ask a question. Pricewise would a young healthy person be better off having their own policy? Aside from the no life insurance after changing jobs, what are the other cons about group life vs. individual life. Face Value limits? Conversion? Appreciate any answer. We can all pitch in to have rebuttals sheet for someone who said they "have it at work"

You know, that makes me want to ask a question. Pricewise would a young healthy person be better off having their own policy? Aside from the no life insurance after changing jobs, what are the other cons about group life vs. individual life. Face Value limits? Conversion? Appreciate any answer. We can all pitch in to have rebuttals sheet for someone who said they "have it at work"

If they have it at work, it's not necessarily a group product. It could be a portable life policy through a voluntary carrier. If that's the case, those tend to be priced high because of simplified issue.

For example, Combined's worksite term is extremely high. They're GUL isn't priced too bad for simplified issue. I haven't seen their lifetime benefit term prices yet so I'm not sure on that.

I know Liberty Nationals worksite WL is way overpriced. I've replaced them before.

I'd say it's just a matter of seeing exactly what they have and see if you can beat it.

Back