Misdemeanor and License

rayallen2020

Hello All,

I have a question regarding licensing. I'm recently gotten a citation for Class B Misdemeanor for possession of marijuana (I had a small amount), and Class C misdemeanors for drug paraphernalia and public display of alcohol in Texas. Although it may sound like many charges, all of these were all from one isolated incident when I was camping in the woods with my friends. It's my first brush with the law ever and I've never gotten a traffic ticket before this.

I've spoken to a lawyer and he says that I will probably the two class c tickets dismissed and the class b dismissed through deferred adjudication. I am wondering if there is any chance that I will get through the licensing application for my General Lines and my Life & Health Counselor's License? I've revealed it and gotten letters of recommendation and court documents sent with the application.

If it helps at all, I have made 90%+ on both tests.

Thanks,

RayAllen2020

Last edited:
You should be ok. The only misdemeanors that seem to keep you from getting licensed is things involving theft/dishonesty. I doubt doing bong hits in the woods will hurt you much.

Just move to co. bro. No worries. No...seriously doubt that Texas would have that much of an issue over Mis.joint.

This question has come up a number of times on the forum. The important thing to remember is do not lie or mislead the state or any insurance company you are trying to get licensed thru. Also, send in an explanation of your circumstances (Good people have challenges in their lives). Regardless of whether it's Texas or what state, if they feel you have not been honest with them then their assumption is thats probably how you will conduct business.

Hey All,

Thank you for your quick responses. I was definitely truthful about it on the application and I hope that my statement along with my letters of recommendation will allow this to turn out alright in the end.

Regards,

RayAllen2020

Back