Misinformation? From Orlando Sentinel

kennethbroyles

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone else see in the Q&A misinformation?

"http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-10-19/news/fl-medicare-guide-qa-20121019_1_coverage-gap-doughnut-hole-drug-coverage"

"Q: So is anything else new about the doughnut hole?

A: The amounts determining when you enter and leave the hole have changed. This year, you hit the coverage gap when you and your plan together have spent $2,970, about $40 more than this year. You then must spend another $4,750 out of your pocket, as compared to $4,700 this year, or you and the plan together must have expenses equaling about $6,733 for you exit to the gap.

The brand-name drug discounts you get from the plan in the gap, plus other deductibles and co-pays, count toward total expenses. Remember to carefully track these amounts through statements your plan sends you."

The Gap is so confusing, I never expect anyone to get it right. Only the govt could come up with such a ridiculous puzzle. I think I can present it very well, but any chance of it ever being understood for more than a minute by a client are extremely remote. Unless, of course, they think they'll be in the Gap.

The whole Sentinel piece itself covering an outline of every plan in the area was very good (brought to you by PUP's four full page ads), especially as a reference guide, along with the Medicare and You 2013 book.

Humana certainly raised their game with 4 plans in the area with 4.5 stars.

Last edited:
Back