Misrepresenting Employer Based Coverage

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
Considering I have found it's a common practice to misrepresent the availability of employer based health insurance coverage for the purpose of obtaining Obamacare, I'd like to know the opinion of the forum on it's consequences.
I sincerely doubt that the Marketplace will call millions of employers to verify anything and at tax time I can't figure out how a clawback would come into place.

They could call every employer, but it's easier to just mandate the employer call the IRS with everyone's info.

Or better yet, why not just mandate that every employer submit a 1095 B and 1095 C which will include the same information starting this year.

Trust me, people are in for a rude awakening come tax time this year

This message was brought to you by the numbers and letters

1095 B

and

1095 C

and

E & O

If those numbers and letters are not good enough, then how about this number?

$250,000

that's the penalty for fraud for intentionally getting a subsidy with known fraudulent misinformation.

1095 B

and

1095 C

and

E & O

$250,000

that's the penalty for fraud for intentionally getting a subsidy with known fraudulent misinformation.

Don't confuse him with the facts, Ann, he'll probably blame Health Sherpa for this next...:goofy:

1095 B

and

1095 C

and

E & O

$250,000

Thanks for the info--just the facts I needed to know!

Is some agent stepping on your toes, while in the process of illegally defrauding our government, Ameneses? Sounds like you're looking for ammunition.

You got me! I'm always looking for information on how to confront people who don't do things by the book.

I hear this question every day. For some reason, they repeatedly ask "but HOW will they know?!"

"Do you file taxes? Does your employer file taxes? Health insurance is now part of your tax filing, they'll figure it out when you two don't report the same info."

I just had a young lady who's husband has coverage available for her at work, but refuses to enroll her. Seems there is no moron exception for on-x coverage. Feel sorry for her, she has stuff she needs taken care of.

Back