Missouri SPAP Being Suspended 7/1

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by kstein, Jun 19, 2017.

1. kstein

kstein Well-Known Member

For those of you that sell in MO, the Missouri Rx program has been suspended effective 7/1. No new enrollment and those on the plan will no longer have coverage for 50% of their medication costs.

Members are getting letters now informing them of their loss of coverage. There are over 240,000 Missourians on MORx.

Update On Status Of MORx In Missouri Legislature « ma4

2. Labesky

Labesky Well-Known Member

WOW I had heard some people over a certain income would get whacked. Budget is worse than they thought so there was a bigger cut

I just got off the phone with MoRx

If a member is a DUAL ELIGIBLE--has MEDICAID AND MEDICARE---even if its not "FULL" Dual eligible

They will continue to get MoRx. So its not been totally suspended.

So QMB, QMB Plus, SLMB, QDWI etc--if they have Medicare they STILL get Mo Rx

Kansas has been getting swamped with Medicaid recipients from Missouri---FAR better benefits in Kansas and easier to get. Don't tell the East Coast media that though they have their own "facts" to spread

3. kstein

kstein Well-Known Member

Ya but the vast majority of those people are LIS and extra help so I assume the fed gov takes the brunt of the additional expenses there.

This almost happened a few yrs ago and some emergency funding appeared. We'll see this time...

4. Labesky

Labesky Well-Known Member

Mo Rx had higher income guidelines--people that didn't get Extra Help could get Mo Rx

Its going to be a mess but between LIS, PAPs, Maker samples it will be ok

5. G.Gordon

G.Gordon Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    We warned our clients in the early June newsletter, told them to call the governor's office. The letters hit, man they called here instead. What can I do? We have been re-running drug list to see if a SEP change will make a big difference, so far no changes are needed. For the ones on cheaper drugs it is not so painful, but for those that are paying $200-300/month after MORx, that is a huge jump in their monthly expenses.