Missouri Woman Sues GEICO After Contracting STD During Sex in Car Insured by Company

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Missouri Woman Sues GEICO After Contracting STD During Sex in Car Insured by Company

M.O., who was diagnosed with anogenital HPV in 2018, sent a demand letter to GEICO seeking $1 million in February, triggering a declaratory judgment from the company. GEICO alleges its policies do not cover M.O.’s injuries because they have no connection to the “ownership, maintenance or covered use” of the car.

M.B. was covered by a Geico auto policy and an umbrella policy that only applies if the auto policy provides coverage.

M.O., who was diagnosed with anogenital HPV in 2018, sent a demand letter to GEICO seeking $1 million in February, triggering a declaratory judgment from the company. GEICO alleges its policies do not cover M.O.’s injuries because they have no connection to the “ownership, maintenance or covered use” of the car.

M.B. was covered by a Geico auto policy and an umbrella policy that only applies if the auto policy provides coverage.
:twitchy:

You left out the best part: "Also at stake is the litigants’ request to proceed anonymously. Their request was denied by Magistrate Judge Angel D. Mitchell in an Oct. 4 opinion in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. Mitchell said the public’s interest outweighs the potential embarrassment M.O. or M.B. may experience."

How bizarre.
You think that is crazy, I had one in Michigan that the courts made our carrier pay for penis injuries. Hospital sued for payment as a 3rd party as provider of care & won for injuries to an excluded driver.

Father(named insured) even testified on carrier behalf. His adult son had DUI & was excluded on policy. Son & his girlfriend were heading out for night, father told the girlfriend she could drive but Junior couldn't. After drinking at some bars & getting a hotel room, junior claims they wanted some McDonald's. Junior claims girlfriend asked junior to drive because she really wanted to perform oral sex on him. Car crash happened & juniors penis was severely mangled in the accident. The hospital provided like $80-$90k in medical treatment.

The courts in Michigan ruled that because the girlfriend was a permissive driver, she was allowed to transfer her permission to someone else even though that same person had signed & acknowledged he was excluded from policy.

Carrier was ordered to pay the hospital under PIP.

I know, I know you don't believe me & think there are jokes about a "Happy Meal", but it is true, see below

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2012/07/joyriding_crash_pits_spectrum.html

Back