MJ

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I imagine I am going to strike out but wanted to throw this out any way.

22 yr male, good health, freely admits to frequent marijuana use (2 - 3x per week). No legal problems (so far), no counseling.

Figure this is an auto decline but have sent inquiries out to carriers any way.

Have any of you had success with this kind of risk?

Geez...when I saw this thread "MJ", why did I think it had to do with Michael Jordan?

On a serious note Bob, I don't think anyone will issue with this admission.
Something about a morale hazard...

I dont want to submit a formal app and have it turn up on MIB as a negative hit.

So far in prescreen Aetna & GR have said no.

Expect others to follow suit. KP is the only one I feel MIGHT be willing but even that is slim.

Had a lady a few months back using medical marijuana to control pain. She said that MJ or oxycodone were the only things that help.

The old saying about leave the things between you and God, between you and God. The things you do that are recorded somewhere.... admit. :)

While I don't have a problem with someone's choice of attitude ajustment methods... if they're that stupid to think everybody shares their opinion of the use of what is still an illegal substance... you just know the policy ain't going to stick.

I would not consider H1 to be desparate, but they are aggressive on some things. They said no.

I dont want to submit a formal app and have it turn up on MIB as a negative hit.

So far in prescreen Aetna & GR have said no.

Expect others to follow suit. KP is the only one I feel MIGHT be willing but even that is slim.

I have several Cannibus users as clients. Read the application very carefully. If it states, "has the applicant...ever been DIAGNOSED...
you need to ask if a physician has ever said to them, "I am diagnosing you with mary jane disease."

Using, and being diagnosed, are two different things.

Back