MLM Agencies??

MLM was designed for the part-timer so they can test out a business.

Thats exactly why MLM opportunities front load expenses with sign-up fees, online access subscriptions, sales pitches and fast start schools. Its the best way to maximize the financial gain in the least amount of time, before the victim catches on.

Of course financial services isn't simple but all day we hear call this number to buy term or get low auto insurance quotes. People do it.

True.

The problem comes when they trash what they don't understand or don't elevate their thinking to the levels of professionals. Or even hold an intelligent conversation about their OWN business.

I just banned another MLM drone from the FB page about 1 minute ago. She kept saying "are you keeping your business options open?" and "We are expanding!". Same old MLM drone speak. They can't even hold an intelligent conversation about their OWN business.

Now, I've never put YOU personally into this category. You aren't a drone. You are a complete, and may I say PROFESSIONAL exception. There are others on this forum and on the FB page that can hold a decent conversation.

It's the "MLM brainwashed drones" that I can't stand. They aren't professional. They are just trying to recruit (and they're doing it BADLY).

Hey I was once on the BTID crusade company until I had some net battles with other agents. They brought fact and I only had emotion.. I was asked where was my loyalty? To me, my family, and clients or the company..

I will say it was tough to leave but only on my part. That's the day I understood there is a business side to all this. Permanent products have their place. No they are not evil..

Reactions: DHK
The main problem I have with the MLM insurance agencies is the deceit. They tell new agents that this is the way the insurance business works, and that this (say 40%-50%) is the commission scale they qualify for, "just like everyone else who starts in this industry". (when the truth is they could get much higher if they were just contracted through an IMO)

Then on top of that, they force them to buy their own policy from their upline, rather than themselves.

Last but not least, they promote that a brand new agent needs to recruit recruit recruit...before they even know how to spell insurance. Its a backwards ass model for financial services that ultimately promotes for unknowing consumers to sometimes get duped into buying the wrong thing or worse yet something that was sold purely on commission potential. It might not always be intentionally, but by more by default because the consumer is dealing with someone that doesn't know anything yet and is getting advice from possibly many others in the same boat, or others with bad intentions.

MLM in and of itself it a great model for product sales, and while there are lots of good companies and many more bad ones... it shouldn't be in financial services, imo.

I think it's a great model for financial services. The issues are basically the company guidelines and the builder way of doing things.

I understand there is only so much to go around and everyone along the food chain wants to eat. As for the commission spreads here's a little known well not so secret.

Not everyone has to start at the same commission level depending on the company guidelines. It just wouldn't be fair to start an experienced person at beginning levels so some companies allow some leeway.

There are of course pros and cons and as I always say not all things are for all people. In the beginning Art Williams just wanted to keep it simple. Sell a term plan with a side fund to a family. Well today isn't like yesterday.

People are living longer and from a employee retirement perspective there are basically no more guarantees. So yes today the needs may be more complicated but as I mentioned each business person has a right to run their business as they see fit within company guidelines.

Bring in the people and train your organization local, national, and for some international..Today technology has opened up access to the masses. Everyone has that option.. One more consideration Is the marketing companies handle for the most part all the heavy back office paperwork and record keeping..

Pros and cons..Just like most things in life..Recruiters recruit and sales people sell..

Back