Mobile Agency wanted

abs

Hello, I'm a 7 yr veteran of insurance with Medicare, Final Expense and PDP being the bread and butter. My hubby is also an agent and together we're licensed in VA, WV, MD, SC and NY. We've decided that with our kids having graduated from High school, we're ready to travel and want to make our agency mobile. At this point, we're basically doing that but wondering if there are IMO/FMO's that specialize in mobile sales as a template. I'm not interested in one that says this carrier or that has tele-apps...I want the whole model, template or whatever with support...what software works best, CRM, what companies are easiest with which to work, etc. We're getting GA or better commissions at this point, and want to remain on that level, of course or better. We have a brand new RV and we're ready to go. We are currently with a couple limited IMO's and are appointed with 7 med supp carriers, 7 PDPs and more FE, 4 good annuities companies, as well as a couple Mutual companies. Any thoughts from you experienced (longer than us ) agents? Thanks for your thoughts...

These days, the only thing you really need to go mobile is to make sure you are licensed in the states you want to work, have a good CRM, and use Google Drive (or something that accommodates all your stuff on the cloud. Getting Ring Central probably wouldn't hurt either.

The ability to do e-apps really has nothing to do with the ability to be mobile, if you are actually traveling from place to place to see your potential clients.

You can always call and chat with us about this if you like.

From seeing your situation it seems like what you really need is a good marketing strategy that you could plug into whatever area that you're going Weatherby seminars Direct Mail door-knocking calling over the phone like to mention it doesn't really matter where you are as long as you're in pointed and then he stayed so it really comes down a good marketing

From seeing your situation it seems like what you really need is a good marketing strategy that you could plug into whatever area that you're going Weatherby seminars Direct Mail door-knocking calling over the phone like to mention it doesn't really matter where you are as long as you're in pointed and then he stayed so it really comes down a good marketing
Get some coffee, Man!! LOL!!:SLEEP::SLEEP:

:arghh::chatterbox::D:DAuto-correct, sure.

Just want to clarify...we''re not looking to do business at a new location avery other week...don't want to deal with licensing in all the states...we want to be mobile to do the business we're doing now from our camper. Can anyone suggest a CRM that can be web-based or on our laptop when we don't have service, and be able to sync with our Note 8's? We've not found one we really like as yet and are using Outlook...

I thought we'd find an agency that has basically a plug-and-play approach to the mobile model and we just hit the ground running...but it sounds like that's not the case.

Also, on a side note--looking for a simplified issue product for Mortgage Protection (not Americo, as we're already appointed) that has return of premium, and other benefits, up to $400,000 DB and easy to write over the phone. Thanks!

Just want to clarify...we''re not looking to do business at a new location avery other week...don't want to deal with licensing in all the states...we want to be mobile to do the business we're doing now from our camper. Can anyone suggest a CRM that can be web-based or on our laptop when we don't have service, and be able to sync with our Note 8's? We've not found one we really like as yet and are using Outlook...

I thought we'd find an agency that has basically a plug-and-play approach to the mobile model and we just hit the ground running...but it sounds like that's not the case.

Also, on a side note--looking for a simplified issue product for Mortgage Protection (not Americo, as we're already appointed) that has return of premium, and other benefits, up to $400,000 DB and easy to write over the phone. Thanks!
This guy did what you're wanting to do. It looks like he's retired from insurance now, but I'm sure he could give you some pointers.
https://insurance-forums.com/community/members/professor-leads.3681/
V
V
V
I really think the key to succeeding in insurance today without burning out is "nicheing". Find a niche market that you can work in, build yourself a solid reputation by understanding the exact (and usually unique) needs of the people in that niche. Soon you will have established yourself as the go-to person for all insurance products related to your chosen niche.

I have done this with the fulltime RV community and I sell everything from Auto/RV coverage to Telemedicine to ACA to Health Care Sharing Ministry plans. What you don't sell, outsource. Health insurance is a horrible industry right now but my business remains stable because I have established myself as an authority for all insurance related to the RV lifestyle. Obviously it helps if there is some relevancy to you with your chosen niche. I happen to be a fulltime RVer.

Some niche ideas...

OTR truckers
Traveling nurses
Self-employed (or pick any specific field with this niche)
Semi-pro athletes
Musicians
Travel bloggers
Marathon runners (I've seen life insurance companies target this niche)
Pastors
Writers
Adventurer seekers
Race car drivers

You get the idea...any niche that might live a unique lifestyle that makes one particular insurance product problematic. Solve that particular problem and earn the trust of that niche.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: abs
This isn't that difficult. You can choose any of these crms: zoho one, agile crm, radius bob are some examples. Get an online backup service (microsoft or google). I have ring central for 888 number(s) and a fax. You might need a dedicated hot spot. I would also get a vpn for security (private internet access is the service I use) if you are using local wifi.

I have written policies while traveling with no problems. It's nothing different than when I am at home. Client has no idea and many could care less. Some that do find out hate that I am working during my vacation.

Actually in the mountains of NC typing this, business is still going strong. If I didn't have kids who were in school, I would do it more often. There was a guy on the forum that traveled like this with his family for years. Last time I talked to him, he told me he would move to warmer parts of the country when he had to stop wearing flip flops and start wearing tennis shoes. Test stuff out at home, get current clients used to dealing with you over the phone/internet (not face to face), then hit the road.

Latest posts

Back