Mobile Home/Manufactured Home Insurance

alexpfeifer

I can't seem to find a insurance company to take manufactured homes that are either not located in a park or not permanently attached to a foundation. Does anyone know of a carrier in California who will write these homes? Foremost won't write either.
Thank you,
Alex

I can't seem to find a insurance company to take manufactured homes that are either not located in a park or not permanently attached to a foundation. Does anyone know of a carrier in California who will write these homes? Foremost won't write either.
Thank you,
Alex
I was going to suggest Foremost, but I see they said no. I sold mobile homes about 40 years ago and we used Foremost.

Unfortunately, they only insure homes in parks and they need to be permanently attached to the foundation.

I'd check American Modern. We use them a lot when our primary company won't take them. There may be a state JUA plan you could look into but the coverage isn't usually as good.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like American Modern will work for my circumstance. I'll keep Nationwide E&S specialty in mind if I need another resource. I appreciate the help.

Back