Mobile Phone Tracker

Agreed. I'd get the chip for my son. I'm sure any parent of a missing kid would give everything they have to find them. We took our son to Disney over the summer and our top concern was losing him - not necessarily having him get abducted, but just getting lost.

That is a very hard question. As a parent I would want to be able to find my chind. But if I can find my child can't everyone else? I just don't like the idea of the governement being able to track his every move. It would have to be placed in an area where it could be easily removed.

If you're carrying a cell phone the gov't already knows your exact location. That cat's already out of the bag.

But fantastic point about someone else being able to track your kid. I think everything comes risks. Yes, someone else could possible find the location of my son but take a great risk in taking him since he has the chip implant. They'd somehow have to find and remove the chip to get away with taking him.

How it would actually work is if the technology became available criminals would use it to only take kids who didn't have a chip.

Which is a reason why my dog is inside the house when I'm not at home. I would never give someone the opportunity to steal her!

Which is a reason why my dog is inside the house when I'm not at home. I would never give someone the opportunity to steal her!
I keep my dogs inside as well, but always put the wife outside when I leave.

Just wishful thinking tho...!

Rick

Last edited:
I'm with James and SME on this issue. It's a great idea in theory, but I'd be more concerned about the possible consequences of a thief hacking into the system and/or having Big Brother in our lives moreso than they are now. 1984 here we come!

I'm with James and SME on this issue. It's a great idea in theory, but I'd be more concerned about the possible consequences of a thief hacking into the system and/or having Big Brother in our lives moreso than they are now. 1984 here we come!

No, I was more on the line of being a bit neurotic.

Don't climb that tree, you might get hurt.

Wear a helmet when you ride that bike.

If you are in a car you better be in the back seat in a car seat up to 9yrs.

Strangers want to rape and kill you little johnny.

Can't play dodge ball at school, someone might get hurt.

Let us cancel recess and wonder why the kids are going nuts at school.

On and on and on, kids gotta be kids, can't change a leopard's spots.

Okay here is an idea some of you all may like or not, the major problem with society today. "To many dumb kids grow up to be dumb adults", just goes against the rule of nature, let the strong survive. It's like school buses, why should we have to stop? If little johnny is stupid enough to run in front of a moving car, oh well that is how nature is suppose to work is it not?

Back