Monoline Mold Liability for HVAC

TNagent82

Expert
Anyone have a good market for contractors pollution liability for hvac that includes mold? Most of the ones I see have mp of 3-5k.

Anyone have a good market for contractors pollution liability for hvac that includes mold? Most of the ones I see have mp of 3-5k.

Philadelphia Insurance Co. writes this product monoline but I believe you are correct.. $3k minimum.

I guess most carriers do not see benefit in taking on the risk for less than that.

I can't blame them. I know a captive that will write it for cheap as a part of their package which is interesting because they are high on everything else. Guessing it won't stay cheap for the captive very long. I figured Phily would be my best bet.

I can't blame them. I know a captive that will write it for cheap as a part of their package which is interesting because they are high on everything else. Guessing it won't stay cheap for the captive very long. I figured Phily would be my best bet.

who is the captive?

Federated Ins. writes it

Figured thats who it was. Federated is great at selling **** that no one needs for 1.5x the price. I would seriously look over federated policy or quote. The agents here will lowball exposures, change deductibles, and in general screw things up.

United fire also might offer this as part of their package.

Ha! I used to be a rep for them back in the day so I know the game.

:twitchy:

Tell all your former buddies in AR "hi".

Honestly though i LOVE competing against Federated if the insured knows just a little about insurance.

Also ive always wondered- does federated teach their agents to go into renewals AFTER the x-date? all along telling the insured they are covered and everything is fine? :)

That was never a thing when I was there but they have definitely done that against me since I left so I'm sure one rep had success doing that and shared it with others.

Back