Monthly Premium

mk.insurance

How much premium does the "average" insurance agent sell per month? I know it will vary based on the type of risk being written, experience, etc, but what is a median number?

How much premium does the "average" insurance agent sell per month? I know it will vary based on the type of risk being written, experience, etc, but what is a median number?

Personal lines? If so, between 20k-35k is a pretty good average.

For home, car, flood- we shoot for 50k+ a month. Your working hard, but should not be stressed out.

I'm going to assume those numbers are based on an established book in a large market. In my area, a new agent is maybe 5-10k a month. Established, maybe 20k.

I'm going to assume those numbers are based on an established book in a large market. In my area, a new agent is maybe 5-10k a month. Established, maybe 20k.

Yes- our state has high premiums. Also, we are very aggressive.

What is your situation are you new agent or producer or what?

60k to 100k but that is because we are in south Florida and the average policy is over 3k. In Miami the average policy is closer to 5k.

This is off topic, but are there any agent openings in the S Florida area? I've been contemplating a move, ha.

I'm late to the party here, but here's my shot.

When I sold personal lines, my goal was $50k AP/month...tough goal in GA.

Now that I'm doing life my goal is $15k AP/mo.

So far it's a hell of a lot easier to hit the 15k at 100% plus contracts than the 50k at 15%, with 1.2% renewals...was captive with Liberty Mutual...although I was doubling my money with bonuses. End of the day, I work half as hard to make the same amount.

Back